Internist

4770 Rocklin Rd
Ste 2
Rocklin, CA 95677
916-624-3358
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

I and other members of my family have been a patient of Dr Patella's for over 20 years. He combines his deep knowledge of medicine with his genuine concern for patients like an artist. He only prescribes medications when necessary. His in-depth interviews give him a well rounded understanding of all a person's health. I can't say enough good things about this remarkable man.

|  He's simply the best!  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Patella has become a friend, as well as a doctor. Once, when I was in the hospital and the medical staff there was unable to diagnose my problem, Dr. Patella refused to dismiss me until there was a diagnosis of the problem. It turned out to be a dangerous blood clot in one of my legs. Dr. Patella is the most caring, patient doctor I have seen in my eighty-five years of life. He is always available, and, if you end up in the hospital, will be there as soon as he learns you are there.

|  Extremely caring and competent.  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Overall, listens, gives information and referral when advised. You feel Dr. Patella cares and is an expert.

|  An awesome Doctor  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

Most peoples blood pressure goes up when they have a Dr. Appt. Mine goes down. I am so comfortable in his presence. His bedside manner is perfect. He is compassionate, thorough and extremely dedicated. I am so grateful for Dr. Patella.

|  show details
May 16th, 2010

Unwilling/unable to perform thorough examinations to diagnose urgent problems. Unable/unknowledgeable about diabetes medications to manage blood sugar. Generally approaches problems by removing medications rather then finding medications which will work. Does not keep current with the medical literature.

|  Main Entry: physician  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

Main Entry: physician1 : a person skilled in the art of healingThat simple definition from Merriam-Webster's, sadly, disqualifies no small percentage of today's M.D. population from their titles.Such is the opposite for Dr. Patella. In 15 years as a patient, I am happy to share that I've not been treated by any more capable, caring, or conscientious a medical professional than Dr. Patella. Further, it brings me no discomfort to share that in that same period of time rarely have I encountered the stoutness of character and brilliance of mind as posessed by Dr. Patella.A "good" review might discuss short wait times in a lobby. An "excellent" or "glowing" review might discuss nice facilities or a polite staff with a personable demeanor. (Please trust that all of these are a given in this case. His staff have been with him well over a decade, yet maintain fresh positive attitudes and always find a way to accomodate. ) Ever notice very few reviews actually talk about the "care" provided- I fear because it's all become the same. You walk into a cold sterile environment, have terse interaction with a "Doctor" you don't have any connection or bond with, are instructed or "told" how you feel, which category you've just fallen into, and what the prescribed course of treatment will be- All without any real appreciation for you, the patient, and your feelings. It's more like a mechanic in a labcoat- without the grease under their fingernails. I hear more and more from friends about their experiences with Doctors facing computers during their exams- the sense they have no time to ask questions or express their needs- being prescribed medecines they don't understand the need for-Please trust that Dr. Patella stands out in each of these regards. He always makes time, perhaps to his own detriment, for his patients and their needs. He takes seriously any concerns expressed, and ensures you feel "heard" and "understood". Generously taking into account even the most seemingly benign minutia of your life, to adjust and tailor his treatment to your needs.It seems odd so many of the reviews here discuss things like appointment availability being "good" when you can been seen in the same month you call, or that it's "good" when you actually see your Doctor, rather than a member of their staff you've never met.I'm fortunate that because my Doctor is "good" at what he does, I don't need to see him very often. The only drawback I can find is that having always had Dr. Patella as my physician- never being made to wait, always having enough time to share my concerns, being greeted by name and treated like a friend rather than a walking account number, and truly feeling "better" everytime I walk back out the door- perhaps I just can't appreciate how truly "good" I've had it. I don't know what to call what everyone else describes the care they receive from Doctors other than David Patella.If you need another "Doctor" just pick up the yellow pages and continue to wade through experiences like those you've always had- if you're searching for a physician, you should call Dr. Patella's office.

|  Franziska L, Roseville  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 7th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

This was a very pleasant experience. You are dealing with a professional office, very efficient! It is worthwhile to go a little out of my...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Apr 30th, 2009

Best MD around; really cares about his patients & family!!