Dr. David Patella MD Patient Reviews

January 8th, 2016
The Best In Medical
Not enough room to write all the good things about this doctor. First, is his heart. It's obvious from how he interacts with me as a patient that he cares. Second, he takes the time to ask a lot of questions before coming to decision about diagnosis, which made me feel he was really listening. He's been very flexible and informative. He looks at me as a whole person, not a list of conditions. I'm very grateful to have him as a doctor. Staff is courteous and wait times are short.

July 28th, 2012
Best Doctor Ever
I and other members of my family have been a patient of Dr Patella's for over 20 years. He combines his deep knowledge of medicine with his genuine concern for patients like an artist. He only prescribes medications when necessary. His in-depth interviews give him a well rounded understanding of all a person's health. I can't say enough good things about this remarkable man.

June 26th, 2012
He's simply the best!
Dr. Patella has become a friend, as well as a doctor. Once, when I was in the hospital and the medical staff there was unable to diagnose my problem, Dr. Patella refused to dismiss me until there was a diagnosis of the problem. It turned out to be a dangerous blood clot in one of my legs. Dr. Patella is the most caring, patient doctor I have seen in my eighty-five years of life. He is always available, and, if you end up in the hospital, will be there as soon as he learns you are there.

April 24th, 2012
Extremely caring and competent.
Overall, listens, gives information and referral when advised. You feel Dr. Patella cares and is an expert.

March 21st, 2012
An awesome Doctor
Most peoples blood pressure goes up when they have a Dr. Appt. Mine goes down. I am so comfortable in his presence. His bedside manner is perfect. He is compassionate, thorough and extremely dedicated. I am so grateful for Dr. Patella.

May 16th, 2010
Unwilling/unable to perform thorough examinations to diagnose urgent problems. Unable/unknowledgeable about diabetes medications to manage blood sugar. Generally approaches problems by removing medications rather then finding medications which will work. Does not keep current with the medical literature.

May 10th, 2010
Main Entry: physician
Main Entry: physician1 : a person skilled in the art of healingThat simple definition from Merriam-Webster's, sadly, disqualifies no small percentage of today's M.D. population from their titles.Such is the opposite for Dr. Patella. In 15 years as a patient, I am happy to share that I've not been treated by any more capable, caring, or conscientious a medical professional than Dr. Patella. Further, it brings me no discomfort to share that in that same period of time rarely have I encountered the stoutness of character and brilliance of mind as posessed by Dr. Patella.A "good" review might discuss short wait times in a lobby. An "excellent" or "glowing" review might discuss nice facilities or a polite staff with a personable demeanor. (Please trust that all of these are a given in this case. His staff have been with him well over a decade, yet maintain fresh positive attitudes and always find a way to accomodate. ) Ever notice very few reviews actually talk about the "care" provided- I fear because it's all become the same. You walk into a cold sterile environment, have terse interaction with a "Doctor" you don't have any connection or bond with, are instructed or "told" how you feel, which category you've just fallen into, and what the prescribed course of treatment will be- All without any real appreciation for you, the patient, and your feelings. It's more like a mechanic in a labcoat- without the grease under their fingernails. I hear more and more from friends about their experiences with Doctors facing computers during their exams- the sense they have no time to ask questions or express their needs- being prescribed medecines they don't understand the need for-Please trust that Dr. Patella stands out in each of these regards. He always makes time, perhaps to his own detriment, for his patients and their needs. He takes seriously any concerns expressed, and ensures you feel "heard" and "understood". Generously taking into account even the most seemingly benign minutia of your life, to adjust and tailor his treatment to your needs.It seems odd so many of the reviews here discuss things like appointment availability being "good" when you can been seen in the same month you call, or that it's "good" when you actually see your Doctor, rather than a member of their staff you've never met.I'm fortunate that because my Doctor is "good" at what he does, I don't need to see him very often. The only drawback I can find is that having always had Dr. Patella as my physician- never being made to wait, always having enough time to share my concerns, being greeted by name and treated like a friend rather than a walking account number, and truly feeling "better" everytime I walk back out the door- perhaps I just can't appreciate how truly "good" I've had it. I don't know what to call what everyone else describes the care they receive from Doctors other than David Patella.If you need another "Doctor" just pick up the yellow pages and continue to wade through experiences like those you've always had- if you're searching for a physician, you should call Dr. Patella's office.

May 10th, 2010
Main Entry: physician
Main Entry: physician 1 : a person skilled in the art of healing That simple definition from Merriam-Webster's, sadly, disqualifies no small per ...

April 30th, 2009
Best MD around; really cares about his patients & family!!