A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Peura:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Peura
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Peura Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Peura, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Peura graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Peura has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David A Peura MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David A. Peura practice?
- Dr. David Peura has 1 office location.
Dr. David Peura practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists and Charlottesville Gastroenterologists.