A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Peura:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Peura
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Peura Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Peura, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Peura graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Peura has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David A Peura MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David A. Peura practice?
- Dr. David Peura has 1 office location.
Dr. David Peura practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists and Charlottesville Gastroenterologists.