Dr. David Phelps MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2013
Retired Military
After 32 years in the military I retired and had to start going to civilian doctors. I schedule my first annual w/ Dr David Phelps for 0810, one of the earliest appointments, because I was fasting for blood work and so that I wouldn’t feel too hungry. I arrived at 0755 to take care of paperwork and was shown into the exam room at 0810 with an assistant who spent about 5 minutes with me taking vitals and asking a few questions. When she left she told me to disrobe down to my underwear and wait. Little did I know that I would wait so long? At 0830 I was already getting antsy. By 0840 I was getting mad. When the Dr Phelps finally arrived at 0853 I was incensed! He said “Hello”, I said nothing. He said, “How are you?” and “I said pretty good considering I’ve been waiting for 43 minutes.” I said, “It’s 0853 and I’ve been waiting around here for 43 minutes in my underwear. How do you think I feel? I HATE WAITING! I was just about ready to get dressed and leave.” He said, “Do you want to leave?” and I said, “Yes” and I did just that. On hindsight, I should have left before he came in to save the altercation. My 32 years in the military taught me patience but I felt so disrespected. Was he really 43 minutes behind schedule at 8am? Did he just come in from a round of golf? I was royally po'd but I didn’t curse him out or yell, I just left the building. When I got home I made an appointment with the VA in Clifton Park; so much for civilian doctors who don’t care about Veterans or their patients.

December 6th, 2011
Great doctor - david phelps
He is the most compassionate and caring doctor! He is also a great diagnostician. He correctly tested me for TB when no one had any idea what was wrong with me. He also cares for the whole family of the person he is treating! I am so lucky to have found him so many years ago!