A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Prothro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Prothro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Prothro graduated from University of Washington, Seattle.
Dr. Prothro has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Renown Regional Medical Center
- Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Prothro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Plan of Nevada - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Prothro practice?
Dr. David Prothro practices Cardiology near Sparks, NV.
Additional practice locations include: Reno, NV and San Diego, CA.
See Sparks Cardiologists.