A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Prothro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Prothro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Prothro graduated from University of Washington, Seattle.
Dr. Prothro has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Mary's Regional Med. Center.
- Renown Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Prothro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Health Plan of Nevada - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Prothro practice?
Dr. David Prothro practices Internal Medicine, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Sparks, NV.
Additional practice locations include: Reno, NV.
See Sparks Internists and Sparks Cardiologists.