A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Provost:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Provost, Surgeon, Bariatric is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Provost, MD is board certified in Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Provost graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Provost has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- Denton Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Provost accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David A. Provost practice?
Dr. David Provost practices Surgical Critical Care near Denton, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Dallas, TX.
See Denton Surgeons.