A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Holmes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Holmes is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Holmes, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 30 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Holmes graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 16 awards.
Dr. Holmes has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Holmes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 10 plans
- Gundersen Lutheran Health Plan - 1 plan
- Anthem - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David R. Holmes practice?
Dr. David Holmes practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Rochester, MN.
Additional practice locations include: La Crosse, WI and Menomonie, WI.
See Rochester Internists and Rochester Cardiologists.