Dr. David Martin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Martin?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. David Martin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 5th, 2016

Wonderful doctor. Makes you feel at ease and takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions you have.

December 3rd, 2013

Smooth experience

I'd never had surgery prior to my visit to ER at Huntington Hospital for acute abdominal pain. I ended up getting a prophylactic appendectomy at the time of another procedure. What was most impressive was that I was able to speak to both surgeons prior to procedure without prompting. Dr. Martin had an excellent bedside manner and answered my questions with patience and care. I appreciated that he was also a teacher of sorts at the facility and more than happy to answer the questions of his students. I spoke to him twice before my procedure and he followed up with me the next day as well. He made me comfortable going through with an unexpected kink in my life. My surgical scars are tiny and healing wonderfully. I had minimal post-op pain as well. Kudos to you Dr. Martin!

November 27th, 2013

My experience was not good with him after the surgery. His two front office girls never smile They are like machines. They just go through the motions, uncaring. I have spoken to several other patients and they feel the same about his two female staff. If I had a choice to go to another doctor I would.

August 16th, 2013

Outstanding doctor!

Going to this Doctor was one of the best medical experiences I've ever had. He takes the time to listen to you, to explain procedures in detail. From the first visit a new I was in excellent hands. The way they treated me at the Huntington Hospital under the direction of Doctor Martin was outstanding. I had a robotic assisted gallbladder removal as well as a hernia repair (at the same time) and both surgeries went great. NO problems at all. The recovery was fast and virtually painless. The surgical glue he used on my ONLY ONE incision helped the healing process a lot. I highly recommend Doctor Martin!

July 5th, 2011

Amazing Surgeon

I went to the emergency with severe pain in my lower abdomen which turned out to be a blockage in my intestine (diverticulitis). Dr. Martin was my surgeon.By the time I had my second laparoscopic surgery with minimal pain and small scar I knew this doctor was truly an angel! I also liked how he sat and talked with you to make you feel at ease about the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Martin to family and friends.God bless you Dr. Martin.

June 5th, 2011

Outstanding Surgeon

I recommend Dr. Martin highly. My gallbladder surgery in my opinion was easy with very minimal pain. I was scare to go through this surgery and prolonged it for several years because of previous consults. I wish that I had met Dr. Martin before and had not suffer for so many years. His staff was very professional and very courteous.

June 3rd, 2011

Outstanding Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Martin for placement of a peritoneal dialysis catheter. The care, time, and information provided by Dr. Martin was incredible. I have had 2 other procedures performed by him with the same outstanding skills and bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.Dr. Martin delivers on what other physicians only promise.

May 17th, 2011

One of the best surgeons/doctors I've had the pleasure to meet!

I've been to Dr. Martin three times now, first for a gallbladder consult, due to consistent pain i was having, and the last two times for checking and adjusting a 10 year old lap band done by another surgeon. I have to commend him and his office staff already - I'm someone who has seen many doctors and had many referrals, and Dr. Martin is one of a kind. He takes the time to answer questions, offers explanations and details without needing to be asked, and expresses the attitude of "lifelong" care for his patients (aka - you won't be left in the dust). I'm in process of scheduling surgery with him, and as someone with anxiety and who is absolutely anti-medical intervention, i feel that i am in extremely capable hands. In addition, his office is very pleasant, his staff - Mirabelle and Angel (hope i spelled those right!) are very professional and helpful. It's just a wonderful experience overall. Thank you to Dr. Martin and staff for actually caring about your patients and having pride in the work you do. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Martin and his office and staff!! (PS, he is busy and consequently, appointments do need to be scheduled in advance, but i have no doubt he would be available in an emergency, he's just that kind of person. When i called his office on more than one occasion, once he called me to discuss directly and the second time he was with patients and his staff went back and forth to ask him questions for me and give me answers!! Appointments with him are worth the wait!)

August 24th, 2010

TERRIFIC!!

I was very pleased with Dr. Martin from the first consult visit, the follow and preparation for the surgery, advice to me for preparing, visits by his staff following the surgery and overall concern.

April 19th, 2010

What a great doctor!

I had a laproscopic hernia repair with Dr. Martin and have referred everyone to him since. He spends a great deal of time explaining the surgery and the after-care. When I was in the preop area, I asked the nurses what they thought and they all said I had chosen the best there was!

March 24th, 2010

Excellent gastric surgeon!

Had Roux-N-Y gastric bypass with Dr. David Martin Oct 2007. He, Dr. Lourie, Dr. Powell & their staff at PLS give complete information before the surgery with their bariatric symposium at Huntington Hospital. Dr. Martin is thorough, professional, upbeat, positive, and *really, really* cares about the life, health & welfare of his patients. I've followed up with them in the years since & only been happier each time following my surgery.

October 15th, 2009

THE BEST!!

Dr. Martin is the BEST! He takes the time to listen to YOU his patient. He is knowledgeable and kind. He has great bedside manner and I would trust him again without question. If you're looking for a great surgeon who will listen and explain everything in detail pre and post op he's the one.