David R Mayer DO Patient Reviews

• 13 reviews

October 24th, 2016
He answers any question you may have, follows through and has a staff that feels like family! Sometimes can be a long wait time but they do all they can to call in medicines quick and joke with you.

September 11th, 2016
This doctor believes in treating the whole person, not just a symptom. He takes the time to explain his diagnosis and what to do to be healthier. I really like how he will patiently answer all my questions and offer advice for improving my health. Of course, he does this for the people ahead of me as well, so don't expect a quick visit if the waiting room is approaching full.

May 24th, 2016
Dr Mayer
Has been my doctor for 30 years, you can't beat him!

March 24th, 2016
Good doctor, bu unacceptable wait time
He is a good doctor, but needs to accept appointments and try to reduce the wait time for patients.

December 2nd, 2015
Does not schedule appointments, but have never waited longer than 20 minutes. Very knowledgeable and thorough. Not a pill-pusher.

October 19th, 2015
Would not recommend
I love Dr. Mayer, I have been seeing him for more than 16 years. In Sepetember, Crestwood Physicians group took over the office, I went in for a normal visit, to adjust meds and get new prescriptions, no shots, bloodwork or anything, and got a bill for $266. Before Crestwood took over, an office visit was $80. I called and was treated very rudely and was told that was the cost of seeing a Dr. They fired the entire staff that had been with Dr. Mayer for years, except for one nurse. I have to call and bother the nurse now just to get a refill called in, because I call 3 or 4 times and they never give the message to Dr. Mayer. Sadly, we are going to have to find a new Dr. after all these years. I knew it would be this way when Dr. Graham retired and put Crestwood in charge, they are horrible.

February 2nd, 2015
Excellent Patient Care
I have been a patient of Dr. Mayer's for about 20 years. He is a kind, caring physician and I am amazed at how he keeps up to date on all the latest information regarding diagnosing and treating his patients.

January 26th, 2015
Dr. Mayer has been my Dr. for over 20 years now. I have recommended him to other people. He understands me when I don't even understand me. He has always been right with his treatments and specialist that he has to send me to. I like that he lets me know when he actually has had the same strange things that I have had. I give him 4 stars on all.

December 11th, 2014
Kind, aring, informative

September 24th, 2013
His staff worked great with triaging my condition and it was apparent how caring they are for their patients. I had a migraine/cold combo and was immediately brought back to a dark room and up covered with a blanket. Dr. Mayer addressed every concern I had--even those not directly related to my reason for visiting his clinic. All in all, I'd suggest his office to anyone. He and his staff are gentle, knowledgeable and extremely compassionate.

August 1st, 2013
Recent visit
I have been going to Dr. Mayer when ever I can't get in to see my regular doctor. He has always been able to fit me into his schedule. I usually see him when I'm sick and he has always done a good job diagnosing the problem and with gets me just the right medication without overdosing me with drugs. He is frindly and spends time listening to you. I usually spend about 30min waiting even when I don't have scheduled appointment. His staff is friendly and you can actually reach his office by phone during work hours.

July 15th, 2010
Exceptional
The one thing that really stands out in my mind about Dr. Mayer is his understanding of conditions and the treatments that are currently being tried. From my very first visit, it was clear to me that Dr. Mayer was a doctor who read the medical journals and who kept up on the "cutting-edge" of medicine. He impressed me as not just being a "doctor" but as being someone who was truly interested in the science of medicine. He stands out as the best doctor that I have ever known.