A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schmidt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schmidt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schmidt, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmidt graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago.
Dr. Schmidt has 19 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent Hospital & Health Services
- Dukes Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmidt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David R. Schmidt practice?
Dr. David Schmidt practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology near Lafayette, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Rensselaer, IN and Crawfordsville, IN.
See Lafayette Internists, Lafayette Cardiologists, and Lafayette Nuclear Medicine Physicians.