Dr. David Reath, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Judy's Book.
 |  A very enjoyable experience!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2014

I Visit Dr. Reaths Office For Multiple Services. I Am Very Pleased With My Results, The Staff, And The Environment! I WIll Continue To Visit Regularly Despite The Drive From Where I Live. I Enjoy The Treatment That I Receive At Every Visit! The Best Office Overall!

May 30th, 2014

Great doctor! Great staff! Glad I chose him.

by Bunny Bodin on Apr 20th, 2014

My 70th birthday present to myself was breast implants superbly done by Dr.Reath . Plastic surgery is a very serious undertaking which I gave a great deal of thought ; am I too old ; would they think I'm silly , what if I picked the wrong doctor . I am in great physical shape just lacked the "Boobies" .Searched several plastic surgeons web-sites and always came back to Dr.Reath . So grateful I did !! Dr. Reath and staff are wonderful , can't praise them enough . Made me relaxed and comfortable right away .Love my new figure ! Definitely picked the very BEST doctor !!

|  Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
by Amanda on Apr 15th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Reath and his staff! I did my research and am so glad because I could not have found a better doctor. I am more than pleased with my breast augmentation and would do it again tomorrow...worth every penny! He was/is exceptional!

|  WOW  |  show details
by Anna on Apr 8th, 2014

What a wonderful experience! Thank you Dr. Reath and staff for being so good to me. Surgery is a scary thing and I never felt that I was doing this alone. I am forever thankful for you.

|  First Surgery  |  show details
by J Rhea on Feb 25th, 2014

This was my first surgery so I wanted to do as much research as possible to get the best experience. I found Dr. Reath online and compared his credentials & breast augmentation pictures to other doctors local in the area. I wanted a natural look and by looking at the pictures from the doctors I researched I knew Dr. Reath had my kind of taste and style. I know that sounds funny right… Like I’m shopping for clothes or something, but this is more critical than that. I was about to make a choice that was going to be permanent, like a tattoo. Dr. Reath’s awards and patient reviews won me over, not to mention he quotes his prices so you know exactly what to expect. I paid exactly what is listed on his web site and not a penny more! All my appointments from start to finish were included in his price! An important factor to me was knowing that all his patients were happy & had good experiences overall. The only thing that I was really worried about during this whole experience was choosing my breast size and of course my surgery day. I knew what size breast I wanted but I was scared I would get a size too large or small. I explained to Dr. Reath what I wanted and he gave me a size variation to work with that would still give me my overall natural enhancement. I could have probably gone with a little bit larger of a size, but overall I am happy. They say most people always say “I should have gotten a bigger size”. Well that’s true for me as well, but you have to feel comfortable with yourself. So if you’re in doubt deciding stick with the smaller size & make sure you discuss in detail with Dr. Reath what look you want. Actually when I went in for my second appointment I tried on breast sizes again just to make sure of my decision. I choose silicone 400, 375 one slightly different because I had breast asymmetry, one breast was a tad bit smaller. One thing I think is helpful to know is that after surgery your breasts swell a lot! I was kind of nervous at how large they got & that made me feel like I had chosen too large of a size. By the time I had my follow up appointment a week later some swelling had gone down but I still told the staff I felt like I had made a bad choice. After speaking to Dr. Reath that day he advised me my breast were still very much swollen & that I needed to massage my implants to soften them & that would make my breast fall into place making them look natural again. I wished I would have known that in the beginning because that would have saved me some worry. I mean I had no idea what to expect during all this but I put my trust in Dr. Reath & his staff to take care of me, & that’s exactly what they did! My breast size is perfect for me now & I am so happy. They are very proportional & nicely rounded to suit me & my body shape. I am completely happy with all the choices I made choosing Dr. Reath to help me find the right breast size for me.

|  Coolsculpting  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

I went to Dr Reath's office and had cool sculpting done. I have always hated my stomach and wanted to do something that didn't involve surgery. I met with Natasha and she went over my treatment plan and I was confident I had picked the right place! I have now had not only my stomach but back done too! I am seeing results and can't wait for summer!

|  breast augmentation  |  show details
by michelle on Feb 6th, 2014

I have said it a million times... I made the best decision when I chose Dr. Reath and his staff to take care of me and my needs. Dr Reath is an excellent doctor his staff is great and I couldn't be happier.

|  Couldn't be happier!!!  |  show details
by Samantha S. on Jan 7th, 2014

Dr. Reath is the best! I got my breast implants done by him and they look amazing. Everyone there is extremely kind and will help any way they can. I am so glad I chose to go to Dr. Reath. My entire experience has been wonderful. I thought this process would be stressful, but they made it so easy. I am thrilled with my results and strongly encourage anyone thinking about having plastic surgery to check him out!

|  Finally have the boobs I've always wanted  |  show details
by Jennifer on Sep 27th, 2013

I've been small chested my whole life, excpet while breast feeding. Ive always known that I would get them augmented when I was done having children, and for the past few years I have read reviews on many doctors and almost feel as though I internet stalked Dr Reath. I follow him on facebook, read his blog, googled him, read everything about him on realself.com, etc. I wanted to be certain that he was the right doctor for me. Not that all the reading was a waste of time, but after my consultation I would have chosen him regardless. He is simply amazing, His staff is better than any doctors office Ive ever been in and he will make you feel like YOUR goal is his priority, not a pay day. I went for the fuller side of natural look and feared that the size he was taking in the operating room was too big (it was a size I chose, not him), so Mandi let me play with the sizers a couple times and helped me decide what my true reasons for getting implants were: fix asymmetry from breast feeding and to have fuller breasts, not look like Dolly. I opted for a smaller size and have not once doubted that decision. My recovery was SUPER EASY. I was sleeping on my side 2 days post op, was back sleeping on my tummy 7 days post op and was running by 3 weeks. I truly believe that this is due to having the correct surgeon. I have an allergy to Cefzil, so he had to make changes to what he would give me in the OR and what I would take once home. He was never put off by that. Im currently 2 month post op, and the other day I had spot on my nipple that was oozing. They saw me right away. Luckily it was nothing other than a sterile abscess that has already healed, but he is rechecking it again in a week to make sure it closes up properly. No matter what issue I have, they are ALWAYS just a phone call away, and see me for same day appointments when needed. I recommend him to every one!

|  Skin care, Botox and juvederm  |  show details
by Mary N. on Aug 27th, 2013

I love going to Dr. Reath's where I see Heather for my face.Heather is Wonderful. I have been going to see her for some time it has been the one thing that I do for myself. It has been amazing the results. I had large pores and sun damage. Thanks to Heather my face looks great. No more large pores and my face just glows. Actually, I saw her just today and she did the brand new HYDRA-FACIAL on me. I loved it and made an appt. for another in a few weeks. All the staff are friendly and make you feel comfortable. I also have seen Jill, she has done Botox and Juvederm for me. Jill is way talented in the injectables and always makes sure she doesn't hurt you and I have never bruised either. I'd recommend going to see Heather and Jill at Dr. Reath's they're Awsome!!

|  Fabulous  |  show details
by Janna on Jun 9th, 2013

I really enjoyed my whole experience with Dr. Reath from my first office visit, my surgery, and my post op visits. He and his staff are just excellent.Thank you so much for a new me.

|  Mommy Makeover  |  show details
by Angeline M on Jun 5th, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Reath and his staff! My results were fabulous! Dr Reath is a talented man with impressive skills as a surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to make a change to their body!

|  i got MY face back  |  show details
by linda stephens on May 17th, 2013

May 2012, after several years of consideration, I decieded to get a facelift. I am 66 years old in good health, and was tired of wondering where that girl I had known all my life had gone. I started checking out procedures and doctors, I visited LSL in Nashville, a "surgeon of the stars" in Birmingham, and another in Murfreesboro. I researched on line, still looking and read about Dr. Reath. Along with a friend I made an appointment and went for a consultation. At first visit, I liked everything about him, his staff and his approach to my concerns and his open knowledge about the facelift, what to expect and possible complications. I am now 10 days out, very little brusing and swelling. only took pain medication the first 48 hrs. I do workout and am an avid vitamin taker which I am sure played a part. I have MY face back, not a new face, not a plastic face, but ME. I look in the mirror and experience JOY. The stitch lines are 90% invisible in just 10 days. He can sew like a champ. The money, thats always a concern. His price is right on. Affordable for anyone, and worth every cent. I would, and have reccomended him very highly. I am very hard to please. Oh my friend, she will have hers in June. Thank You Dr. Reath, your Mom being an artist has sure rubbed off on you.

|  Happy with Breast Augmentation  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr. Reath and his staff are exceptional. They took the time to listen to my wants, concerns, and answer any questions I had in detail. They made me feel very comfortbal and welcomed. My surgery went very well and Dr. Reath even called me the evening of my surgery to check on me! That is hard to come by these days! I would 100% recommend Dr. Reath to anyone considering breast augmentation!!

|  Not Satisfied  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2012

Was not happy with the Doctor's initial breast augmentation and lift, just before 1 year expiration, went back a second time to correct. The results are very unsatisfacory and I will not return to him again nor would I recommend his services.

|  "The best"  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

If you are looking for "the best" -- the best doctor, the best staff, the best care, the best experience (if one is having surgery!), you've found it! Every issue has been analysed and reduced (for the patient) to simple-to-follow instructions: from pre-surgical requirements to post-surgical recovery--these people are "on top of it!" After you make your committment, you will gently be lead through every step. Not only is everyone at Dr. Reath's office dedicated to giving you a friendly, quality experience, but, most importantly, Dr. Reath is well known for producing great results. I am very, very pleased with my breast implant revision. I got exactly what I wanted! Best of luck to you "newbies"...you're in great hands!

|  Breast Lift and Implant Removal  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2012

Dr. Reath was wonderful. He listened to what I had to say and then gave me his honest opinion. Dr. Reath offered an option that I had not contemplated before and that was to remove my implants with a lift only. I thought I'd have to have the lift and insert new implants too. Dr. Reath has a very informative website as well, he answers many questions that one may have right there. I was impressed with Dr. Reath's staff from my very first phone call, they set a very professional, friendly, positive and efficient tone right from the beginning. The surgery center Dr. Reath uses was very clean and the staff there were professional and at the same time kind and they help calm my nerves.

Jun 22nd, 2012

Absolute amazing experience that I wouldnt change!!! Dr Reath and his staff are a wonderful group of caring people out to serve you!!!

|  Life Changing Experience  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Hello.I am 24 years old and struggles with my weight my entire life. When I finished college and moved home a little over two years ago I start working out and began a healthy life style ( I do cheat sometimes). However, after almost two years of working out and eating healthy my body wasn't the way I wanted to be and I was down to 140 in weight which was only 5 pds away from my goal weight but I knew I was going to need help in finishing my journey.I knew that having a tummy tuck was the only way I was going to be able to be happy. I met with 3 different surgeons one of which was Dr. Reath. He told be what would work best for me even though it brought me to tears. He told me to be completely happy with the results I would need an extended abdomnial plasticy. Basically, an incision from hip to hip and an incision that would run vertically down my middle from below my breast to the other incision.Dr. Reath was very understanding of my emotions and was able to comfort me when I had to absorb what I had just been told.I went home that evening and disscussed with my parents before I ended up calling the next morning and scheduling my surgery date. My surgery was April 5, 2012 and it has been 2 months. I am happier than I have ever been in my life with my body and statisfied with the results.It was not easy and I did go through a few days of regret which they say everyone goes through. I will say I had it easier than most because I did not have muscle work due to not having childern and being very active. I will say this though if I was to do it again I would and I would do it again with Dr. Reath.He and his staff are amazing people and very understanding. They are very understanding to you and what you are undergoing. I do not feel words can explain what and amazing group of individuals they are.

|  Best plastic surgeon ever!!  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I wanted an abdominplasty due to bearing children, who are all grown now, and I had several scars from those years.I work out regularly but nothing could change my tummy. I did extensive research on plastic surgeons in the area and Dr. Reath came up on top. I can see why..as my results were perfect!! I'm so pleased with my whole experience with him and his amazing staff. Dr. Reath puts you right at ease and is so kind and caring. I love his honesty as far as what to expect, what I needed, etc. He really listens to what you say and doesn't rush you. My incision is so narrow and I had no complications whatsoever. After reading how difficult this surgery could be, my experience was so different. I just cried when I saw the results and was so happy! I can't wait to wear a little bikini again!! I plan on having a breast lift and implant replacement next year with Dr. Reath. He's absolutely the best!!

|  A !:D!  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

I was at first apprehensive about getting surgery for my bat ears. But Dr Reath comforted me and assured me that i would be happy and oh my am i happy! The staff took great care of me,Theresa and Jill where amazing in getting me ready and stuff. And the day after my surgery i got a personal phone call from Dr Reath asking how i was feeling and such. i was amazed by the care and the actual concern that they show. I would highly recommend this Dr to anyone! I researched other plastic surgeons in the area but none are as qualified and kind and skilled as this practice is. Any further surgery for my wife, family etc i will be coming back.=]

|  Simply the Best!  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

I chose Dr. Reath after lengthy research on surgeons for my procedure. From the first phone call to the office, I instantly felt welcomed and safe. He is a surgeon with true artistic vision. He is also a man with integrity, and a great sense of humor! I live 7 hours away from Knoxville, and it was well worth the drive (several of them!) to have the honor of being his patient. Due to weight loss, I had lots of sagging skin, which really lowered my self esteem. Over the course of a year and a half, Dr. Reath performed a breast lift/augmentation and a circumferential body lift. The results are amazing! Dr. Reath has the ability to see beyond what is and work towards what can be. His personal approach to personal change rings very truehe explains everything very thoroughly and answers every question. He also takes the time to answer his emails personally. He makes sure his patients are well informed and are realistic in their goals. His awards and accolades that he has received are well deserved, and is well respected in his profession. His staff is wonderful and caring, always giving the personal touch to whatever they do. Dr. Reath also keeps up with the current trends in his area of expertise, as well as keeping a personal connection with his patients through social media. I told Dr. Reath that he transformed my life by allowing the real me to shine throughhe humbly said you did the hard work; I just did the clean up!. It is obvious he truly loves what he doeshis patients are truly blessed to have hima gifted surgeon, an artistic visionary and a wonderful person all rolled up in one!

|  =)  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I had an abdominoplasty procedure about two months ago, and I could not be happier with my results. Dr. Reath was exactly the kind of doctor I would want to perform my surgery because of several factors. From the very begining, he listened to what I wanted and was so helpful when we were figuring out what direction to head in. He let me know all of my different options, and then listened to the expectations I was looking for in this surgery. Dr. Reath and I decided on a plan and now almost two months later I look amazing! I have gotten so many comments on how much weight I have lost, but I can not take credit for my transformation. It was all Dr. Reath! Because of him, I was able to go from a size 6 to a size 2. I have never seen a size 2 in my life, and now I am wearing it daily. If you are looking for a surgeon, you can not do any better than Dr. Reath. I had an abdominoplasty procedure about two months ago, and I could not be happier with my results. Dr. Reath was exactly the kind of doctor I would want to perform my surgery because of several factors. From the very begining, he listened to what I wanted and was so helpful when we were figuring out what direction to head in. He let me know all of my different options, and then listened to the expectations I was looking for in this surgery. Dr. Reath and I decided on a plan and now almost two months later I look amazing! I have gotten so many comments on how much weight I have lost, but I can not take credit for my transformation. It was all Dr. Reath! Because of him, I was able to go from a size 6 to a size 2. I have never seen a size 2 in my life, and now I am wearing it daily. If you are looking for a surgeon, you can not do any better than Dr. Reath.

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
by K.G. on Sep 13th, 2011

I had the best experience with this doctor and his staff. From the first consultation to follow up after surgery he always made me feel like he Had my best interest in mind. Very professional and caring.

|  HIGHLY RECOMMEND!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

I had breast augmentation about 15 years ago, and one had ruptured. I looked into many different surgeons before deciding on Dr. Reath. I could not be more pleased with my decision. Dr. Reath was professional, caring and answered all of my questions, taking as much time as I needed. The staff was courteous and absolutely wonderful at walking me through the whole process. The experience was wonderful, and I could not be more pleased with Dr. Reath, or the results he gave me.

|  Best decision I ever made!  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

I did a lot of research before picking Dr. Reath to be my plastic surgeon. Since I am only 20 years old, I didn't want to pick a doctor quickly and then regret it the rest of my life. I just want to tell everyone, not once have I regretted my decision to let Dr. Reath do my breast augmentation! My results are very natural and just what I wanted! Dr. Reath is very thorough and strives to give you the results you want! I would recommend him to anyone. Another thing I loved is his staff. All the girls there are so kind and inviting.

Jul 20th, 2011

Dr. Reath excellent! Dr. Reath and all of his staff are very knowledgeable and helpful with helping you decide what is right for you. They spend as much time as you need to understand exactly what you will go through. It's always nice to see smiling faces when you go into an office. I have had nothing but a good experience! I highly recommend Dr. Reath!

|  Looking for the best? Dr. Reath delivers!  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

I recently had an abdominoplasty procedure, and I am 100% thrilled with the results. From day one, Dr. Reath and his entire staff were highly compassionate, professional, and committed to my best possible outcome. I felt safe and cared for throughout the process--I knew they sincerely cared about me as an individual. Now, my abs are even stronger and flatter than before I had a child! I've dropped from a size M to S in shorts, and my waist is tiny--it really emphasizes my curves! Having abdominoplasty was one of the best decisions of my life, and so was choosing Dr. Reath to perform the procedure. I would recommend Dr. Reath without hesitation to anyone seeking a safe procedure, supportive bedside manner, and a beautiful outcome!

Jul 8th, 2011

i had Full tummy tuck and breast augmentation and love my results. the staff is great and Dr. Reath is great. if you look at his before and after pics and that of others you will see his scars are lower and nicer. i have gotten so many compliments from people that have seen my scar about how great he did, easily covered in a bikini

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2011

I have dealt with plenty of doctors both as a patient and as someone working in health care. I have never felt so comfortable and at ease in a doctor's office! All the staff was helpful and kind. Dr. Reath took the time to answer every one of the questions on my lengthy list. He explained every thing so I could understand what he would do and why. The wait from the first phone call to initial consultation was about 6 weeks but the wait time in office was never more than 10 minutes. Six weeks ago, Dr. Reath performed a breast augmentation with silicone above the muscle. The results are absolutely outstanding! I could not have asked for better. The surgery was quick. The recovery was easy. I was out of work for one week. I only needed the prescription pain meds for about three days. Never had any bruising thanks to the supplements I took before and after surgery (These were included in the costs of the surgery). The results are perfectly even, level, and for the first time ever, exactly what I want!!

|  YES, MEN HAVE COSMETIC SURGERY TOO!  |  show details
by Joey on Jun 6th, 2011

After successful weightloss surgery in 2005 and losing over 300lbs, I was in need of major cosmetic surgery for the removal of excess skin after such rapid weightloss. It has been said that when considering plastic surgery, one should visit with several different surgeons. Upon the recommendation from many friends who work in healthcare in Knoxville, Dr. Reath was the first surgeon I visited with....AND THE LAST! I knew from the first visit that he was the surgeon for me. And now, three years later, and three surgeries later...my 'gut feeling' proved true! I can't emphasize enough the praise I have for Dr. Reath and his staff! Excellent in all areas. Any concern that a patient could have with a doctor and his/her staff, I can confidently say that Dr. Reath and his staff would be nothing less than excellent! I highly recommend and urge anyone considering cosmetic surgery to put your trust in Dr. Reath and his capable staff. I'm glad I did!

|  breast lift  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2010

Had a breast lift and some reduction. Just two weeks after surgery. No pain and incisions looks better than expected. I hope they get a little smaller like the size they were the first day. I think their swollen now. Everything looks great. He is very nice. Would definitely recommend.

|  Great Doctor, Fun Staff  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2009

I have had two procedures with Dr. Reath and would recommend him to anyone who wants plastic surgery.

|  Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy  |  show details
by ELise T. at Judy`sBook on Jun 2nd, 2009 on judysbook.com

Dr. Reath and his staff are the best! From the minute I walked into the office, they made me feel comfortable and helped me get over my nervousness. They explained everything in a very professional manner, and let me know what to expect. Th...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
by Anonymous on Apr 29th, 2009

I found Dr. Reath and his staff to be very professional and caring. Dr. Reath has an excellent bedside manner. I feel very comfortable with him and would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Happy I Chose Dr. Reath  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2009

I would not trust anyone else for my surgery. He is a very caring doctor and has a wonderful staff.

by LisbethThornton on Oct 27th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I want to Dr. Reath publicly for the wonderful procedures you performed for me. I am absolutely thrilled with my results! The lasting effects of pregnancy and the many months following delivery really takes a toll on a young woman's figure. I had lost

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Caring Doctor and staff  |  show details
by LisbethThornton at Citysearch on Oct 27th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I want to Dr. Reath publicly for the wonderful procedures you performed for me. I am absolutely thrilled with my results! \\r\\rThe lasting effects of pregnancy and the many months following delivery really takes a toll on a young woman`s figure. I had lost my self confidence and my pride. For being in my early twenties I felt very ashamed, very unattractive and very hopeless.After many months of research and heavy debate I made the call to his office. \\r\\rFrom the first time I spoke with Theresa and set up my consultation, to my initial visit to your office I felt very secure in my decision to have chosen you as my plastic surgeon. Preparing for my consultation was very intimidating and rather frightful. Your high level of professionalism and kindness put me at ease from the very beginning. \\r\\rThe imitation bra you include in your consultation is genius. To date I have not heard of any other plastic surgeons that use the device. Your staff treated me with respect and kindness through each and every step. Each visit was made very personal.The fee for the procedure was presented to me in a very professional but yet caring way. \\r\\rThe day of my surgery was a very edgy day for my husband and I but again you continued to amaze me. Everything was handled in a timely manner and your staff kept me informed of everything that was going on around me. That alone made me comfortable.\\r\\rThe call after my procedure was very nice also!! Again it was very personal. It continued to show that to the end you show great concern for your patients. You and your staff are absolutely magnificent!! It was well worth the long drive to have had used you as my plastic surgeon. I will definitely return to only you for any additional procedures I chose to have and you can count on my recommendation to anyone and everyone I know to be interested in plastic surgery.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com