inactive

David W Reininger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 10th, 2015
Worst experience with the front office and nurse staff. Never answer or return phone calls.

September 3rd, 2015
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Reininger for over 15 years and he is a very good doctor but getting an appointment is a different mattter. It is hard to find a good doctor so I guess that is why I put up with the aggrivation of going there. The wait is always long with plenty of excuses. You have to make an appointment if you have a question on a recent test if you want to know the results or need a perscription filled as his nurse never absolutely never calls you back and for a matter of fact really most of the other time if you talk to someone else at his office they don't either. Now my other specialist staff are very good so it is really Dr Reininger's staff that I would replace.

July 9th, 2015
I've been seeing David for over 9 years and I've always been taken well care of.

April 5th, 2014
Doctor Beware!
We moved my 89 year old mother to an assisted living community in the area. Initially we designated Dr. Reininger as her PCP under the recommendation of the community. We never saw Dr. Reininger in any of our office visits - other doctors in the practice were shuffled in. Last year, unknown to us, Dr. Reininger et al prescribed Depakote to her for (undocumented) "aggression" despite the fact that Depakote is not approved by the USDA for this. As a direct result, my mother's condition began to deteriorate dramatically - greater incontinence, lethargy, diminished lucidity, unsteady gait (she had to use a walker), etc. Upon discovery, we demanded the rival of the Depakote. Since then she have seen considerable improvement in a month! Improvements in her incontinence, no lethargy, greater lucidity. We requested physical therapy (not the doctor's recommendation) and her gait has improved dramatically. We hope she will soon be back to her old self. I shudder to imagine what would have happened if she had continued under Reininger's care.

March 31st, 2014
I have been a patient of Dr. Reininger for 32 years and would not consider another internist. He is very knowledgeable and has developed a relationship with many good specialists in the Katy area. He will quickly refer you to one of these specialists if needed. He has a great bedside manner while taking care of whatever problem you might have that day. Dr. Reininger is great, but his office staff is TERRIBLE! They do not treat you like you are very important. You might get your test results called to you in a few weeks, but then again, you might never get them. Like I said, I go to Dr. Reininger because of his expertise, not his office staff!

March 7th, 2014
Dr. Reininger is as fine a GP as you will find
I have been a patient of Dr. Reininger for 17 years, and he is absolutely the finest family doctor I have ever encountered. He is extremely knowledgeable and bright, highly accurate and relatively quick with his diagnoses, and can immediately refer and set you up with a range of specialists he has solid contacts with in the surrounding medical community. I developed thyroid cancer and he arranged a visit for me with a top specialist and surgeon the next day! Similarly, I developed urological difficulty and Dr. Reininger likewise arranged for a specialist visit for me the next day! Dr. Reininger is a kindly, interested, energetic physician and I would never consider having anyone else as a general practitioner. He has been invaluable to me.

February 27th, 2013
Unprofessional!
I just got off the phone with Dr. Reininger's office and have now sworn to never return to this doctor. Although I like Dr. Reininger, his office staff is very low on either the social or professional scale. I am off work today due to illness and had symptoms of possibly something serious. Since the doctor is out today and does not see patients on the weekend, I asked what appointment I could secure tomorrow at the latest appointment of the day (can't afford to take off both days). The appointment secretary literally laughed hysterically during my phone conversation when I asked what I was supposed to do in the meantime. I hung up after about 15-20 seconds of hysterical laughter and previous interrupting me (literally talking in the middle of my sentence without a pause). I am not a young person, and in all of my years I have never experienced more unprofessional behavior. So sad for Dr. Reininger's practice. The rating for the doctor is good, the rating for the practice is not good.

October 8th, 2012
I think Dr. Reininger is top notch
My mother has been going to Dr. Reininger for almost five years. I am very fond of him and have recommended him to my friends.

April 20th, 2012
Not Recommended
Staff is cold and clearly unhappy to be there. Dr. R is condesending and does not listen.

January 18th, 2012
I have been taking my mother to Dr. Reininger for four years. He is experienced and his quick diagnosis reflects his many years in the field. He is kind, but efficient. He always spends as much time as I need with each visit but I know he isn't there to chit chat. I have recommended him to my best friend.

January 9th, 2012
This doctor is extremely rude and arrogant. I could never get this doctor to order a simple blood test to get to the bottom of my husband's tiredness and fatigue. Instead, this doctor kept insisting that he had a sleeping probem and kept prescribing sleep pills. It finally took a visit to the emergency room to discover that he was very anemic and had a blood transfusion. At this time we also discovered he had colon cancer all along. My husband died seven months later. This doctor never felt any guilt nor remorse.

April 26th, 2011
treated me at Hospital
For a treating Physican at the Hopstial. I was in dismay. He was rude obnoxious and unfoundedly called me a drug addict! becuase I smoke cigs!! He told me to spend 2300 on a bipap (replacing the one I have) then said I would be fine. He proceeded to gon to say that I was a addict and got in my face asking (are you with me). I have never been treated this way in my life. Letters reporting him have already been sent out. Esp when he prescribed me insulin twice! My level was 190 at the highest. Tha is not grounds to take insulin, only to take my glucophage which he never gave me permission to take. Never gave me permission to take any of my maitenance meds for heart thyroid ect I thank god for my Dr's consoling me today. This guy is a total JERK! maybe he was mad he had to work Easter. I would have rather been someplace else also!