Dr. David Riopel MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 20th, 2012
My experience
I have been taking my children to Franktown Community Health Center since the day that they were born. This is where I was also treated throughout my childhood. Before I became a mother, I never thought that it really mattered which doctor a child sees, just aslong as they were taken care of. Since my first born my whole idea of that has completely changed. To get to my point, Dr. David Riopel has been my son's pediatrician, since he was born. And up until now I have loved taking him to see him during his regular check-ups. I once expressed my concerns about my child at a very young age and was given an explanation which gave me a little relief. After about two visits, when asked how he was doing, I expressed to him that there hadn't been much of a change, and I was given the same explanation each time. So, every time after that, I simply told him everything was fine and just decided to deal with it and pray that it would come to past. Most recently a situation occured where I became more concerned and called to schedule an appointment, for my son to be seen again. I must say that the visit was very unpleasant. When i tried to explain why I was so concerned, Dr. Riopel seemed as though he was becoming very frustrated. He constantly cut me off midsentence, his facial expressions did not show that warm and caring look as I am so used to. He kept asking me questions like what do I think is the problem and when I answer his reply was that has nothing to do with that, its not related, etc. If I knew the answer I would have not been sitting in that doctor's office. Needless to say, he made me feel like a total over dramatic, uneducated fool with absolutely no parenting skills. I can honestly say that, I left out of that office with a headache that just wouldn't quit. I am a very loving mother, my kids mean the world to me, and call me over dramatic if you may, but after watching so many different things on the news where these young children and babies are dying every day so unexpectingly, when something like this occurs I'm seek help. I go to sleep and wake up with my child daily, if he doesn't have something going on with him that is so apparent that a doctor would know exactly what is going on, I believe that something such as this would only be noticed by someone that is with him everyday. Therefore, Dr. Riopel should have been a better listener. Patience would have went a long way. Because it definitely seemed liked he was pressed for time. I would have felt alot better if he would have been more compassionate and understanding than he was. It was not only what he said, but how he was saying it. I am never that type of person to "show out" and be rude and nasty to people, but I'm that he could see my frustrations. I have never been the one to give bad reviews or any for that matter, but this experience really blew me away. And I just hope that Dr. Riopel is able to read this and understand that I'm not saying this to hurt him in any kind of way, but hopefully to help him.