Dr. David Rivadeneira MD Patient Reviews

• 63 reviews

no change

February 5th, 2017
wonderful surgeon
Easy to talk to and express my concerns which he dealt with. I had invasive rectal surgery that Dr. Rivadeneira performed. I am very happy with the results!

December 17th, 2016
My heartfelt compassion for Dr. Rivadeneira is overwhelming. His patience, kindness, confidence & overall calming effect have done wonders for me regarding my surgery. His skill, knowledge & positive outlook played such a huge part in my recovery. I feel so blessed to have found myself in his very capable hands. His staff is also so appreciated for their kindness, patience and caring words. I can't thank him enough for all he has done for me. I recommend him highly without reservation!!!

December 10th, 2016
I was referred to Dr. Rivadeneira for colon surgery. I was very impressed by the way he spoke and listened to my concerns. We scheduled the surgery. Dr. Rivadeneira spoke to me before the operation and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him for his excellent surgical skills and bed side manner. He truly cares about his patients.

October 11th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Rivadeneira is an excellent surgeon. I am 78 years old and was recently diagnosed with severe diverticulosis. I was afraid to go thru surgery at my age. Dr. Rivadeneira put me at ease. He is very professional and extremely personable. The surgery went very well. I ended up having an abscessed colon, I am so glad I had this section of my colon removed when I did. Dr. Rivadeneira had a wonderful bedside manner and an awesome sense of humor, which is rare with many doctors. His staff was very accommodating. It was easy to book an appointment. He has a few different locations on Long Island. I highly recommend Dr. Rivadeneira. I tell everyone he made this whole procedure easy. I highly recommend him, he is honestly the best doctor I have ever seen.

September 27th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor
When I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer it was awful. Dr. Rivadeneira's compassion and assurance was amazing. He truly was able to support me in no way any doctor had. He also is a great surgeon. He had to perform emergency surgery on me and it was a great success. Although I still have a very long road ahead of me, I know I am in great hands with Dr. Rivadeneira.

August 8th, 2016
had to reschedule due to other surgery but time was well within reasonable times and Mary his scheduling secretary was more than patient with me despite all my questions.

January 16th, 2016
When I needed a colon resection to remove a mass in my colon my detailed research led me to Dr. David Rivadeneira. He makes himself conveniently available and took the time to clearly explain the entire procedure.He performed minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery and saved my life. Post surgery was virtually painless with minimum discomfort and his stated recovery time was accurate. I highly recommend this outstanding surgeon and compassionate human being.

December 19th, 2015
The reviews are correct.
Usually, when I see someone with ton's of picturesque reviews, i think to my self that they must be paying people to write them, but with Dr. Rivadeneira this is clearly not the case. I met him in 2006, when he cared for my mom in Stony Brook- and from the very outset, my family liked him very much. When i decided to find a doctor for my issues, i looked him up and once again, was very pleased with his pleasant demeanor and genuine sense of caring. Ill spare anyone reading a long winded review- just read all the others, and ill say nothing less than that they are dead on accurate. I would absolutely reccomend him to anyone who is in need of his services.

December 4th, 2015
Excellent Care
I suffered for many years with discomfort, After consulting with Dr. Rivadeneira, I felt confident in his expertise and was comforted by manner of explaining all the details. There were no surprises, all went as he had explained. Although he alerted me as to effects that I may experience, I had no discomfort at all. I gladly recommend Dr. Rivadeneira to all.

November 30th, 2015
Dr. Rivadeneira made me feel very comfortable and at ease. He explained everything about the procedure. He made me feel like I mattered, which is very important. He was thorough in his exam and in his explanation of what to expect afterward. I would highly recommend him.

November 19th, 2015
I saw Dr. Rivadeneira after recurring bouts of diverticulitis. After making the decision to have surgery, Dr. Rivadeneira explained the procedure in detail and did so in a way that lessened my anxiety tremendously. Now that I have had the surgery, I feel like I can go back to living my life not being afraid to travel or wondering when my next flare-up was going to occur.

November 6th, 2015
Dr. Rivadeneira's expertise, kind and reassuring nature made treating my problem with hemorrhoids 'painless'. The actual procedure lasts only minutes and I have had wonderful results, with no 'down time'. My only regret is that I did not see Dr. Rivadeneira sooner.