Dr. David Rothbart MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2016
Best in the West
If you want to know if you need back surgery and if it will help this is the place to go. Dr Rothbart and his staff are the best in the country. I had three previous surgeries and my back was a mess. Dr Rothbart did an eight hour Tlif on my lower back. The surgery was televised actually. I walked out of the hospital the next morning. That was in 2005. I have been able to live an active life ever since. There are plenty of back quacks out there that will do needless surgery on you! If you want sympathy this is not your place. If you're not healthy enough for surgery, you don't like physical therapy after surgery, or you're not willing to quit smoking, go elsewhere. If you want honest answers and the best treatment possible, You've found it!

January 4th, 2016
Dr. Horrible
Dr. Rothbart's staff should receive extra points for sharing the same space with this pompous, egotistical, narcissist. This is not the person you want in your operating room. Dr. Rothbart's hostile treatment today left me speechless and still in pain.

December 5th, 2015
Biggest Jerk I have ever encountered
Worst appointment of my life. Never had a doctor talk so rudely, accuse me of making good up symptoms and medical history!

November 19th, 2015
Arrogant, dismissive, worthless
I went to see him, nervous about my situation, understandably, as I was off work by my primary care doctor's orders, and in the process of applying for disability. After a brief neurological exam he said my C-spine images didn't correlate with the weakness in my grip, and though I mentioned to him that my primary care dictor also suspected I had carpal tunnel syndrome, he indicated he thought a psychiatrist could help me. Said, in the report to my primary doctor, that I had "tangential thought process" which means the patient goes off on tangents unrelated to the topic at hand. I'm sure the arrogant, skeptical, presumptious attitude he displayed did affect my attempts to express my symptoms and history, but I never strayed from the topic, tried to tell him that the weakness in my grip is real. I left feeling very downheartened. Within a few days I went to a neurologist who did and EMG and who said not only is my neck a terrible mess that could cause the weakness I have in my hands and arms, but that I have a severe case of carpal tunnel in both wrists and he advised wrist braces and surgery as soon as possilble. What a total waste of my time and money going to this arrogant, haughty "physician" Rothbart. Don't expect him to listen and consider anything other than his first, and in his opinion, and very superior thoughts on your condition. I'm only giving him one star because there's no option for zero stars.

October 23rd, 2015
Arrogant and self centered. Steer clear of this clown.

March 3rd, 2015
Go somewhere else
Sadly this guy is useless. It would be different if he even tried to listen or acknowledge your problem but he does not. He offered no explanation or reason. Just nope can't help you goodbye. No options, no try this or do that. No referral. Nothing and his pompas arogant attitude was nothing short of a delight either. People come to this man for help and he leaves you with nothing. I don't hate this man I pity him. He clearly became a doctor for the wrong reasons.

May 7th, 2014
Go somewhere else
I have major spine problems, and know dozens of doctors. Go to a quality Dr. for a second opinion please.

April 9th, 2014
Napoleon Syndrome
Dr. Rothbart,much like Napoleon can best be characterized by his overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives. Dr. Rothbart's dismissive and condescending behavior are unnecessary and a distraction. Today during my appointment he was detached and pompous. Unfortunately, his skills in the O.R. are overshadowed by his lack of professionalism in the exam room. Dr. Rothbart, when you walk out of your office, you are no more or less important than the teacher, audiologist, highway patrolman, librarian, etc that share this world with you. Come down off of your high horse every once in a while.

August 6th, 2013
Terrible attitude
This Dr. is very cold and very rude. I waited 1.5 hours to see him and got about 60 seconds of face time. He came in said that he reviewed my MRI and Xray and that I don't need surgery and there is nothing he can do for me. I should just keep taking my pain meds. To that I asked, "Why are my arms numb then?" I was told that it just happens sometimes and that it's normal. I'm 29 - it's not normal. He then walked about and left me just sitting there confused. I had to actually walk out of the room and go find a nurse to ask if I was done. They forgot I was even there. Then when I got my paperwork he had add a diagnoses, depression. He never even mentioned that. How could he determine I'm depressed when he spent 60 seconds with me and never asked me any questions. I'm not depressed or on ANY Rx's other than pain meds. How in the world could take diagnoses be made? There are plenty of other Dr. out there, don't chance it with his guy.

June 8th, 2011
Good Surgeon/ Bad Manners
I was happy with the surgery Dr. Rothbart performed at first. The initial problem seemed to be fixed, however I started having issues with other areas. When I brought this up to him, he seemed to ignore my concerns. I felt like he had gotten his money for surgery and didn't want to deal with me anymore.

April 13th, 2011
henomenal Doctor and Experience!!!!
Dr. Rothbart and Spine Team Texas are outstanding! My mother was fortunate to be seen and treated here! Dr. Rothbart is an excellent surgeon and blessed to be surrounded by a superb staff and other specialists. We are so glad to have found Spine Team Texas--they changed my mother's life for the better in ways that words cannot do justice!

November 2nd, 2010
Disappointed.
The office environment, including the staff and medical assistant were great; however, I felt like Dr. Rothbart jumped quickly to a conclusion even he admitted was outside his medical specialty. I felt like the exam and consultation was very rushed and am not surprised he overlooked a neurological deficit associated with an injury visible on imaging films that was caught by another specialist, orthopedist at that. There was virtually no actual time spent addressing the injuries I came to him to discuss treatment options for and I would not recommend him.