Dr. David Ruben MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 1st, 2015
Dr. Ruben is amazing. He knows his stuff and makes sure all questions are answered. His follow up care is exceptional and even went above and beyond!

August 30th, 2015
Good surgeon
Dr ruben did a fine job on my hernia surgery. Made every effort to repair it so I would not face another surgery later and it has healed well. His staff are all excellent and very caring. They were there when I needed them.

May 12th, 2015
Double Mastectomy
My wife came to Dr. Ruben the day after being diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). It was very small and very early but it was there and spreading. Dr. Ruben got us in to his office right away and told us that even though it was only on the left side, because of the type of diagnosis, he recommended that the best option was a double mastectomy and he thought he could get the cancer and we could also do breast reconstruction at the same time. Dr. Ruben was incredible and he was absolutely dead right on the diagnosis. We had the surgery 10 days later, lymph nodes were negative, reconstruction was no problem and my wife is cancer free with no chemo or hormonal therapy required. This was a fast moving cancer that could have gotten really bad really fast and as far as we are concerned, Dr. Ruben saved her life. Dr. Ruben's technical knowledge and expertise is unsurpassed. My wife and I were very scared and Dr. Rubens 'patient manner' is excellent. I am 60 years old and my wife is 57 and he is the best we have ever seen. Everyone's outcome and diagnosis is different but from where we sit, anyone with a breast cancer diagnosis in Atlanta should run not walk to see Dr. Ruben ASAP. It was the best decision we ever made.

August 21st, 2013
I have never knowon another doctor who is as kind, as engaged ad as accessible as Dr Ruben. Don't ever lose these wonderful qualities

August 9th, 2013
This is the best run medical office I have ever been in. Dr. Ruben is a wonderful doctor who is very approachable and accommodating. I have had several surgeries with him and am facing one more. I would strongly recommend him.

December 8th, 2009
Not great
I have been to this doctor for my abcess treatment. I had surgery in past (in charlotte) with some other good doctor. Since I moved out to Atlanta, I had see some surgeon and it was my bad luck that I have seen Dr.Ruben. I think he didnt get into details and given an injection without even notifying me what type of injection it is and how will it effect on me. It was so painful and I had to go through lot of pain for whole day. And he gave me prescription for a week with very high dose (read online that HIV patients get such dose). I had them for a week and its of no use. I couldnt visit the same doctor back again because I was afraid of his worst treatment. Moreover he charged me around $990, of course my insurance paid most of it and I had to pay $259 from my pocket which sound so ridiculous to me. I filed a case on this doctor and lets see how it goes. Now I am currently on Homeopathy treatment and it is going well so far.