A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Barnes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Barnes is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Barnes, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Barnes graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Barnes has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Shields Barnes MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David S. Barnes practice?
- Dr. David Barnes has 2 office locations.
Dr. David Barnes practices Gastroenterology near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Cleveland, OH.
See Fort Lauderdale Gastroenterologists.