Dr. David Harvey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

May 30th, 2015
not a good idea
Dr. Harvey was so unprofessional. He acted like a teenage girl, very moody. He seems to have some personal issues going on that may need to be handled before he can properly handle anyone else's issues. I feel like he only wants to write prescriptions and doesn't really care about helping his patients. I would never recommend him. He has no business working with people in fragile conditions.

April 13th, 2015
patient
He is rude, does not listen and a pompous jerk! I will not see him again. He cares nothing for his patients. I called for the nurse one day having a really bad time on new meds and it took her 4 days to call back, totally unacceptable. I felt as though I was coming out of my skin. I don't know why Grayson hired him.

February 17th, 2015
Happy again .....
Changed my life for the better. He and the wonderful staff at Brookwood helped me get over a severe depression and I am forever grateful.

January 21st, 2015
He has helped me a lot. I think he's very good at what he does.

March 11th, 2014
DIFFERENT VIEW
I have been a patient of Dr. Harvey for several years. He has been nice to me. And the nurse he works with, Elaine Crump is very nice. I have not had trouble getting my calls returned. Ms Crump does do most of the call backs, but there is good communication between us.

August 7th, 2013
Worst doctor I have personally ever met
I was hospitalized and he inherited me from another psychiatrist who had just switched hospitals. He told my nurse he didn't want me as a patient and was going to discharge me. When the staff of the hospital fought the discharge and got it reversed, he punished me by sending me to an almost non-functional psych ward. He then came down to see me on that ward to gloat. Brookwood hospital in birmingham terminated him after these events.

August 13th, 2012
Almost impossible to get an appointment with this guy. The office staff is incompetent and rude. I asked that Harvey calle me back but got his nurse instead. When I asked why she was calling me instead of Harvey himself, she answered that he is too busy to call all of his patients. I'm sure he was so busy and not hiding behind his nurse.

July 15th, 2012
Dr. Shawn Harvey is Incompetent
Harvey made a diagnose after spending 20 minutes with me, but did not tell me he had made a diagnosis nor tell me what it was until I obtained my records.He is uncaring, totally incompetent and rude.

July 21st, 2011
Non Collaborative Non InformativeN
When Dr. Harvey could allay fear and anxiety in 2 minutes, he refuses, saying he has to chart. He totally ignores patient family members.

March 11th, 2011
Dr Harvey's staff at Trinity Hospital does a poor job at performing their tasks. In an attempt to cover for his staff, Dr Harvey was completely unprofessional,rude, and even disrespectful to my Mom & Dad.

February 20th, 2011
He is uncaring, apathetic towards his patients and is in general an absolute jerk.