Dr. David Salvage MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2016
Worst
He was the worst doctor I've ever had and I've had e psychiatrists. Had him as a doctor at , biggest there. He's all about the money he couldn't care less about your needs, honestly he lies to you and will say or do whatever necessary to either keep you incarcerated or as a patient longer just to k your insurance, when I got my bill from my stay which was 2 weeks on involuntary commitment he charged me twice for everyday I was in that they call a treatment center. I ansolutley will not pay him or that m a cent mostly because I was there against my will and forced to have treatment so them but also because he's a lousy doctor and a sick man who only sees you as a profit. Disgusting person I hope you rot with you sick man

January 24th, 2015
HUMANISM IN MEDICINE
He seemed to blend being brilliant and also highly connected. He really followed through in helping to create a team approach with my other doctors. It really changed the course of my treatment.

February 26th, 2014
Kind and compassionate
Of all the psychiatrists I have sought treatment from David has by far been the best at listening to my concerns and showing genuine interest in improving my life. I have never felt that any of my sessions was just one of 10 scheduled in the day and have never felt that David did not genuine feel a concern in helping me improve my life. I would genuinely recommend anyone seeking a psychiatrist to get in touch with David. He's been immensely helpful to me.

February 5th, 2013
Compassionate psychiatrist grows in Brooklyn
He cares. Point blank. Dr David Salvage was more than a listener He is a caring listener.While you are speaking to him you can see the thoughtfulness in his eyes ,something that is truly a rarity in this world nowadays. The best part of him is he tells you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.Brave man

December 16th, 2011
A RARE AND OUTSTANDING CLINICIAN!
Prior to meeting Dr Salvage, I lived with marginal hope and very limited self-confidence. I could not envision a viable future. Dr. S carefully, skillfully, and wisely facilitated my return to a world of self-esteem and self-management. He successfully combined an impressive command of psychopharm meds with an empathic manner. Dr. Salvage knows the difference between being a rigid shrink and an empowering professional--- he was decidedly the 2nd. Dr. S helped give me back my life. For that, I am profoundly grateful. In short, I recommend Dr. Salvage with the highest of praise.

October 3rd, 2011
I have tried a few different psychaitrists and didn't like most of them but Dr. Salvage was very, very nice and made me feel like I was not crazy even though I was having a hard time. He is very patient and listens and seems to really care, and he also made me feel hopeful. I am seeing him for medication and for therapy and I feel very comfortable, and recommend him highly.

September 28th, 2011
SMART AND NICE
I've seen Dr. Salvage for a number of years. He's one of the few doctors I've worked with who has really listened and explains all tne nuances of medicines. Also, has been able to gently push me to consider some things I wouldn't have on my own, but which have proven to really help. You can feel he's the real deal.

September 26th, 2011
Helped me through a troubling time
Dr Salvage helped me work my way though some very difficult personal times. My need to talk through the issues and not just take pills was met with a genuine and sincere kindness. Dr. Salvage helped me come to my own understanding of what the underlying causes may have been.I was very happy to have his unbiased view. His insight and knowledge of the human psyche were keenly on point. After a few months of regular meetings my focus on life was significantly different. This was very useful in my gaining understanding of what was happening in my life. I would highly recommend him.

September 25th, 2011
compassionate and an excellent diagnostition

September 23rd, 2011
I had chronic and debilitating insomnia for decades. My GP referred me to a therapist for "depression and anxiety I saw the therapist for 10 years and greatly benefited from the therapy but the insomnia continued to worsen. After one consultation with Dr. Salvage, he strongly suspected I had a physical (not emotional) issue and sent me for a sleep study which affirmed his diagnosis. He is an amazing clinician, and I have to say really changed my life. I have referred several friends for both chronic and acute issues. They have all reported back that they think he is an excellent physician and therapist.

September 21st, 2011
I highly recommend him.
Dr. Salvage is a very thoughtful and caring psychiatrist who holds himself in a professional manner. I am always impressed at his vast knowledge of his field, and I find his consultation very helpful. I would recommend him to my friends and loved ones as he passionate about helping people figure out how best to handle their important issues.

September 20th, 2011
First Rate
While I was skeptical at first about seeing a psychiatrist, Dr. Salvage put my concerns to rest and helped me through the most difficult time in my life. Dr. Salvage was recommended to me and I would recommended his services to you as well. I've never been to another psychiatrist and thanks to Dr. Salvage, I won't have to.