Dr. David Saperstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

September 18th, 2015
Arrogant disinterest
He told me, "it is too much work." He did not review the documents provided. He referred me to an ear specialist even though I provided the information from other ear specialists stating it is NOT an ear problem. One of the worst doctors I have seen in the BlueCross Advantage system. He forces me out of the BlueCross program as I still need to find an appropriate neurologist and he was the last hope offered by BlueCross. He really treated me disrespectfully. Shameful behavior.

April 9th, 2015
Beware!
My appointment with Dr. Saperstein was very alarming to say the least. He performed an EMG in a room that was so cold I had goose bumps, rendering the results useless. During the procedure he began having difficulty with the machine and started to let out these snorts of frustration while the needle was in me. His demonstration of frustration was frighteningly out of control. I have rarely experienced anyone, and never a physician, having so little control over their emotions. My husband was with me and witnessed all of this! His remarks after the appointment: "This is apparently a man who was given two choices by his parents, either become a doctor or a lawyer. He chose the wrong profession so his patients must suffer". I believe this is spot on! After Dr. Saperstein finished the emg and exam he completely dismissed my symptoms finding nothing wrong with me. I have since found a competent neurologist who repeated the emg, ran blood work, and diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis. Please beware. I could have had a medical crisis due to his incompetence.

October 15th, 2014
educator
The man did not know how to do the tactile/kinetic testing or take a history of the accumulating ailments. He spent his time ridiculing me for being there and trying to humiliate me for feeling sick. He complained about all the work it would be if he took on my case and dismissed me without planned follow up. As a retired veterinarian I would say he is the least competent doctor I have ever visited. I would NEVER recommend a doctor who's behavior was this out of control and who exhibited so little medical skill and competence at personal contact. Because of this experience I am also dismissing the neurologist who recommended Dr. Saperstein.

February 21st, 2014
Very uncaring and a waste of time... on my 2nd visit an EMG was performed but it only lasted 5 min by a female that was in a bad mood. My primary Dr and I requested the report numerous times but to no avail. I ended up going to another neurologist who also couldn't get a copy of the test results so the tests were duplicated. I did receive the surgery I needed from that neurologist. However, the nerve damage was permanent at that point. However, later during a lawsuit a bogus report miraculously appeared... now I know they didn't respond because they performed and billed for an incomplete test.... very unethical and it has cost me thousands but I don't have the funds to fight the big lawyers.

March 21st, 2013
top notch
Was finally diagnosed with a motor neuron disease by Dr. Saperstein after going from doctor to doctor for 8+ years. He or one of his staff follows up and stays on top of your problems.

July 22nd, 2010
DR. Saperstein is a great physcian. He answered all of my questions and explanded in great detail what I had and what my treatment options were.