A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schafer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schafer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Schafer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- St Alexius Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Schafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David Schafer practice?
- Dr. David Schafer has 8 office locations.
Dr. David Schafer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Vernon Hills, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Bartlett, IL and Buffalo Grove, IL.
See Vernon Hills Surgeons.