A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schafer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schafer
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schafer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schafer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- St Alexius Medical Center
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Schafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David Schafer practice?
- Dr. David Schafer has 2 office locations.
Dr. David Schafer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Vernon Hills, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Vernon Hills Surgeons.