A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schifter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schifter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schifter
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schifter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schifter, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Schifter graduated from St. George's University, Bay Shore. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Schifter has 2 hospital affiliations:
- New York Methodist Hospital
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Ross Schifter MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. David R. Schifter practice?
- Dr. David Schifter has 1 office location.
Dr. David Schifter practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists and Brooklyn Cardiologists.