Dr. David Schifter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 3rd, 2015
Most Disrespectful Doctor or Professional I have ever encountered
I will give you the bottom line: The few visits I used this internist, I waited a minimum of 45 minutes to actually speak with him and had to wait over an hour on at least one occasion to see the doctor. I was regularly treated disrespectfully by Dave Shifter. The doctor REFUSED TO EVEN SAY HELLO OR GOODBYE TO ME! On MULTIPLE OCCASIONS!!! (Like maybe how about some COMMON DECENCY MAYBE??) I was honestly talked down to in, to put it bluntly, a condescending, almost robotic and cold manner. Overall, I have never had such a bad experience with any doctor or professional in all my years. Also, for EACH of my visits, Dave had some type of medical intern sit in throughout my time with him, which I found rather odd protocol. To sum up: Each visit was over 45 minute wait in TWO separate waiting rooms Doctor was unnecessarily rude and REGULARLY could not even muster a "hello" or "goodbye" and basically talked down to me and was rather cold and dismissive. I have nothing against the secretary or any interns who worked there, as all were polite and respectful towards me. I am strictly reviewing Dave Schifter. My new internist whose name I will not mention has been such a pleasure to deal with and actually treats me with basic respect that I feel I deserve. Thank you for your time.

December 3rd, 2014
Billing-rated **
As stated in the first review, Dr. Schifter is an excellent doctor but his billing department staff is a total disaster. They continually bill you for services already paid to him by the insurance company. He has a contract with many insurance plans but the billing department insists that he does not take that particular insurance plan in order to be paid outright for the visit beyond the co-payment. This is absurd. Dr. Schifter should ONLY be taking payment for whatever amount the insurance plan pays and ONLY the co-payment and nothing beyond that.

May 9th, 2013
Great Doctor Bad office management
Dr. Schiffter is a great doctor but is office management is less then professional.

December 17th, 2010
Concerned & Dedicated
Doctor Schifter is excellent. He has instructed me on keeping my health in tip top condition . I recommended anyone with heart related illnesses to see him for consultation, He is the BEST

December 10th, 2009
your the best doctor ever in the world and people love you so much.