Dr. David Schloesser MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 22nd, 2014
Horrible !!!!
I started seeing Mr. Schlosser (doesn't deserve a doctor title) about 10 years ago. I was having horrible pain and electrical like zapping in my head. He insisted that I had nothing a matter with me, treating me like it was all physiological. The pain worsened and intensified and every time seeing him he would talk demeaning to me and insist there was nothing the matter with me. (I was having migraines, was his diagnosis) Even tho I was having hemi facial spasms, horrible pain in my right side of face/ears. I eventually saw a neurosurgeon (for a neck injury). After having a neck surgery, my neurosurgeon saw my symptoms and requested a special MRI be done. After the MRI Mr. Schlosser diagnosed me with a vascular loop. When I saw Dr. Schlosser, his response was "will at least you aren't dying" !!!!! He insisted no surgery was needed. I became so sick and the pain so unbearable that my neurosurgeon performed surgery. (During surgery however, they found out that it was not a vascular loop, but actually a birth defect, I have an artery that was grown between two cranial nerves, hence the pain every time my heart beat!!!) And even tho I have some minor symptoms, I am much better !! And have somewhat of my life back..but Mr. Schlosser diagnosis was wrong !! I didn't return to Mr. Schlosser for quite some time because of the years he treated me so demeaning and made me feel like I was only having psychological issues, but my neurosurgeon really wanted me to have a neurologist. So I decided to see Mr. Schlosser again for a follow-up. The day came for the follow up and I had messed up the date of the appointment and realized it and called immediately, his assistant (glorified name for a receptionist) said that "this was my last chance, and if I didn't get here in time for my appointment, I wouldn't be seen !!" (Not sure what "my last chance" is, considering he did NOTHING FOR ME, EVER) So, for all of you that need a qualified and caring and understanding neurologist, go elsewhere ! I haven't found a neurologist here in Bend, Oregon yet that is competent !!! I had to give him 1 star. He don't even deserve that !!!

June 29th, 2014
Never Again!!
When first visting Schloesser I was told I was Faking my Grand mal Seizures and was Also told "What are you going to do with your life? Sit around and collect disability?" Was also then Told i couldnt come back when I denied his Reference. When I tried looking for a new doctor the only neuro in Bend I hadnt seen was Schaben, When I called the office, the Staff had Told me "It would be a conflict of intrest" to see her. So im now left to go look else where in oregon to help get a definitive answer on my Epilepsy. Was very disappointed with his service, Felt like he didnt want to help, Just felt like he was there just to pump me full of meds that went diretly into the trash 2 weeks later. Would Never Refer to this doctor!! EVER!! He Took me for a roller coaster, Leading nowhere.

March 21st, 2013
One of the best doctors I've ever seen
Schloesser is amazing. I've seen a lot of doctors over the last year and in my lifetime, and he is by far the best. I wish he was a general practitioner so I could see him for everything. He started with conservative treatments, and put me on a great prescription when it became necessary. He seemed concerned about getting tests done quickly, sat and talked with us with no rushing, called back to check in with me to make an appointment (without expecting me to be the one to reach out), and explained things clearly and compassionately. You cannot go wrong seeing him.

February 9th, 2011
Excellent experience
Professional and caring

December 27th, 2009
Excellent!

July 17th, 2008
Highly Recommend!
Dr. Schloesser is a wonderful, caring and compassionate doctor. Always available to answer any and all questions. His office staff is absolutely the BEST; always accomodating with a terrific attitude, even though they are busy. Highly recommend this Dr.