Dr. David Schmottlach MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Encinitas, CA

3.8

August 31st, 2015
Both of our children have received wonderful care from Dr Schmottlach.

July 15th, 2013
Dr. Schmottlach is a great doctor
My kids have been seeing Dr. Scmottlach for the past 16 years. He has been their primary doc since they were born and he has cared for them through high school. To see the reviews from these other two parents is upsetting. Obviously, they were having a bad day. Dr. Schmottlach has always been available, caring, funny and spends time with the kids even when his schedule is jammed. The medical practice is a business with many moving parts. Unfortunately, people can just say what they want and have it published on the internet. It will be a sad day when he decides to retire.

January 5th, 2012
Doctor's care is concerning and unprofessional
We are new to the area and went to Dr. Schmotlach based on the recommendation of the woman we bought our house from. I have serious concerns about this doctor's care and warn any parent to stay away not only from this physician, but from this entire practice. The office staff is unprofessional, rude, inefficient and do not return phone calls. The two nurses we met were grouchy and quite rough when handling our son and giving him vaccinations. On our last visit to Dr. Schmotlach the doctor spent the entire appointment hitting on my mother-in-law (at first I thought he was kidding, but realized by the third lewd comment that he was entirely serious. When he got no encouragement for his outrageous behavior he said, "Well, you know it is time to retire when the grandmothers start looking good.")During this appointment he barely glanced at my sick child before misdiagnosing him (something I learned when he saw another doctor). When I went to fill the prescription Dr. Schmotlach gave me (to treat the disease my child did not actually have) the local pharmacist told me that the medicine prescribed had not been manufactured for over a year and that she had personally told Dr. Schmotlach this three times in the last week. I think, in the doctor's own words, it is indeed "time to retire."

September 20th, 2011
A financial machine
After being at this practice with both my son and daughter since birth, I can honestly say I am very disappointed in how the practice has changed. The costs are exhorbitant with very little time being spent on each patient. They will squeeze every cent out of you by the time you walk out the door. Needless to say after many years I am now moving my kids to another practice, one that practices medicine for the right reasons.

March 28th, 2011
Dr. Schmottlach was my pediatrician when I was a child, along with both of my younger brothers, one of which still sees him. I now take my two-year old daughter to see him as well. He and his staff have been more than helpful with everything from last minute appointments, to getting me the numerous referrals needed for my daughter to see all the specialists necessary. Highly recomended, even for children with special needs!

August 15th, 2010
GREAT
I have been taking my kids to Dr. Schmottlach for the last 10 years. My oldest son, who is adopted, had Medi-Cal and CMCPG accepted it. My kids range from 15 to 1 1/2 and Dr. Schmottlach is the Greatest (except when the 1 1/2 year old has to get shots, she is scared of the entire office). The staff is great, the office clean...we just want them to bring the old Pac Man Game back.

June 24th, 2010
Mommy of Seven
We having been seeing Dr. Schmottlach for the past fifteen years! He is fantastic. Always make time for us even on a busy day and will personally see us if needed after hours.

October 1st, 2009
Schmottlach is at the end of his career and does not give younger parents the time of day. He wants you in and out and does not even address concerns we initially bring child in for. Over 5 of my son's friends have Schmottlach and feel the exact same way.