Dr. David Schopick MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

November 14th, 2016
A generally friendly man, very professional. He's sometimes forgetful of details, but I know he has many patents.

March 2nd, 2016
Avoid this guy like the plague...
I've just returned from a visit with this judgemental, arrogant and borderline rude 'doctor'. Left his office angry, confused and feeling like I'd wasted both time and money. Very fast to reach his diagnosis and dish out pills and definitely not what I'd expect for a first visit. Left me waiting for 15 minutes after my appointment time with no apology or basic courtesy. A complete lack of empathy and compassion. The best part of the visit was the receptionist who was nice enough.

July 20th, 2015
Don't know how he's still in this business.
I wish I had read online reviews from patients before taking my son to Dr. Schopick. He is arrogant, insulting and rude. He also makes assumptions and does not listen to his patients. We were new to psychiatry and didn't know what to expect, so stuck with him for awhile, but I wish I had followed my gut and not gone back.

February 19th, 2015
This man simply should not be practicing. He far exceeds the patient / doctor boundaries and was fined by the Board for his conduct in 2005. Before you decide to go see him or before you decide to bring your child to see him, I suggest you research his record and read previous patient comments & surveys.

February 14th, 2015
Better off going to someone else
I would not recommend this doctor. He was insensitive, rude, and I felt uncomfortable with some of the things he said. He needs to work on his bedside manner.

February 8th, 2015
Stay Far, Far Away
Perhaps the worst experience I have ever had with a health care professional. An arrogant, nasty man. Quick to judge - fails to listen, ask appropriate questions or even try to understand the situation. If you have a choice, go somewhere else. If you don't have a choice, go somewhere else.

December 30th, 2014
Find someone else
pretentious doc who thinks much too highly of himself. Made a comment about my body that left me feeling uncomfortable. I felt shame and a sense of "being in trouble" when I talked with him.

August 21st, 2014
Fine doctor. I just don't know how he is backed up even in the mornings.

June 15th, 2013
Run Away!!!!
God only knows why I didn't leave after my first impression of this man. In the appointments I had with him, didn't act like he cared about my well being or aknowledge that I was in a very vulnerable state of mind. Very cold and I felt like I was being judged. I felt like he thought my struggles with an eating disorder was a waste of his time. When he asked me questions about other issues, I felt like I was in trouble. At one point I was even in tears because he was so mean. Trust me. Find someone who will care about you and not act like helping you is a chore. He is an arrogant jerk.

October 4th, 2012
Very poor personality if he even has one. Does he know what a joke is. For someone who specializes in children he doesn't seem to like or understand them.

May 26th, 2011
Worst mental health doctor in the seacoast
The diagnosis is like playing darts to see where the first one lands. After a few visits and further research from area doctors and patients, determined the reputation of Dr. Schopick was as expected ~ not qualified!

March 25th, 2011
Definitely not a people person
Found Dr. Schopick to be rather rude from the beginning. We met with no introduction of himself. He simply said, "Did you fill those papers out?" The initial evaluation took only 40 minutes. It felt as though he wanted to move us out of the office as soon as possible.After only 20 minutes of my initial evaluation, he was ready to start adding to my medication. When he asked for family history, I stated that he could contact a family member of mine for information. He did not want to waste his time.Overall it was a very unsettling experience that we had with Dr. Schopick. It felt as though he thought that it was a privilege to even be in the same room as him.If you just want to get in and get some pills, go ahead. If you want a medical professional that is going to take their time with each patient and genuinely care for them, I would look elsewhere.