Dr. David Schrimmer MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2015
Dr. Schrimmer delivered my baby via emergency c-section. I was an unusual case and had spent several days in the hospital under constant care. Dr. Schrimmer was the doctor treating me the morning my baby took a turn for the worse, and I felt completely comfortable and reassured under his care. He didn't seem eager to deliver my baby if not absolutely necessary (I was only 32 weeks pregnant), but he did make the difficult call to do so when it was obvious my baby was in distress. Dr. Schrimmer seemed genuinely concerned for the health of my baby during the entire ordeal leading up to delivery. I didn't feel at all like my baby was just another baby, and I appreciated that very much.

January 22nd, 2015
I had a very bad experience with Dr. Schrimmer. I was admitted to UC Davis because they saw that my cervix had shortened tremendously. First of all, they never checked my cervical lengths through out and my appointment and I came in for another procedure and one of the residents just suggested that they check my cervical length. To my dismay it was short. I begged, cried and did everything for them to give me a cerclage so I don't lost my babies but they refused saying that they don't have enough studies to show that cerclages work with twin pregnancy. It should seemed he cared more about protecting his license that caring for me as a patient. They sent me home to my fate and a week later I went into labor and lost my twin boys subsequently. I went to Sutter memorial hospital and got a better treatment and they even told me they could have done a cerclage for me if I came earlier but it was already late because I had no cervical length left. They performed a n emergency cerclage with the little cervical length I had left but it was too late. When I went to UC Davis, my cervical length was 2.6. Pp, if they performed a cerclage at that time, my twin boys may have been saved. Dr. schrimmer and the entire UC Davis staff just left me to my fate. This is why I can never give a good review for them. They were nice and courteous but I didn't get that genuine care that is needed from a maternity hospital

April 1st, 2013
Saved my life
Dr. Schrimmer was on call the day that my parents took the unborn me to get a "non-stress" test. While there, I was in dire straights with a rapidly decelerating heart beat. My current doctor seemed unconcerned or unfamiliar with the very low survival rates if this condition was left unaddressed, and she was prepared to send me home. Dr. Schrimmer took the time to discuss his concerns with my doctor and my parents in a very professional way. Noting the apparent lack of concern from my former doctor, my daddy fired her on the spot (there had been other areas of concern and this was the final straw.) Dr. Schrimmer successfully delivered me later that day and a few years after me, my younger sister and brother. All three of us had our challenges during the last month in the womb. Dr. Schrimmer is a humble man, who gives freely of his time and who never made us feel like we were the only people in his office. We owe our lives to Doctor Schrimmer and we will forever be grateful.

October 1st, 2012
over all experience i
My over all experience was amazing. Very caring & helpful. Dr. Schrimmer helped me throug very rough times & ill always be greatful

November 16th, 2015