A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Schurman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Schurman is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schurman
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schurman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Schurman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Bone Diseases
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Infectious Arthritis (septic arthritis)
- Joint Diseases
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schurman graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schurman has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Stanford Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Jay Schurman MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David J. Schurman practice?
- Dr. David Schurman has 1 office location.
Dr. David Schurman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Stanford, CA.
See Stanford Surgeons.