Dr. David Seidman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Seidman?

September 26th, 2014

The best pediatric ophthalmologist ever. We were referred by the Chief of Pediatric Ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital to Dr. Seidman when my daughter was only 2 yrs old...she is now 22! She had a rare and very difficult to track and manage serious eye problem. She sees well now and graduate from a top ivy college in many ways because of the great care, tedious care and management he has given her!!!

June 20th, 2014

Very professional and experienced doctor

We have been seeing Dr. Seidman for more than 7 years now and he is on top of my daughters condition. He check my daughter sight every time we go their and confirm what the nurse has check before. He explains to us the condition and any progress or updates in details. He suggests the best treatment for her condition if needed. We are happy to have him as her eye doctor.

March 26th, 2014

Should not be working with children

My 7 year old daughter was referred to Dr.Seidman. After doing a bit of research, I was very excited to take my daughter to him. However, I was extremely frustrated and upset after our first appointment. After almost half an hour in the waiting room, we were finally taken to an exam room where my daughter was screened by a nurse. We then waited for over half an hour for Dr.Seidman to join us. I certainly wouldn't call him friendly and he directed questions about my daughter's eye sight to me rather than ask her. During the exam, my daughter's eyes became fatigued during the many quick lens changes. Dr.Seidman then snapped at my daughter and told her to "stop playing around". I explained that her eyes were becoming tired, something I could tell by her frequent eye blinking. Dr.Seidman told me that my daughter was struggling with ranges that she had not previously. I again explained that her eyes were tired. Dr.Seidman told me that was not the issue. He then told my daughter that if she didn't "stop playing around" that he would give her "someone else's glasses" and that she "wouldn't be able to see". At this point I was very upset and so was my daughter, who was in tears. I finally snapped at Dr.Seidman and told him that she was trying as hard as she can. Finally, he asked my daughter if her eyes needed a break. My daughter said yes. He hands her a tissue and tells her to take as much time as she needed. However, after every few seconds, he would ask her if she was ready yet. It was obvious that he was trying to rush us after having kept us waiting for so long. My daughter, who was afraid that this point, said yes after the second time even though I could tell she was not. I am very disappointed with the way Dr.Seidman treated me and extremely upset at the way he treated my daughter. He should not be working with children. I am now in the process of trying to find a new doctor.

February 11th, 2017