A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Shahian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Shahian is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shahian
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shahian Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Shahian, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Shahian graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shahian has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Lahey Clinic
- Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David M Shahian MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David M. Shahian practice?
- Dr. David Shahian has 1 office location.
Dr. David Shahian practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.