A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Shahian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Shahian is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shahian
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shahian Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Shahian, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Shahian graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shahian has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Lahey Clinic
- Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David M Shahian MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 39 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David M. Shahian practice?
- Dr. David Shahian has 1 office location.
Dr. David Shahian practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.