Dr. David Shanker MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Chicago, IL

3.3

December 3rd, 2011
Dr. Shanker - Don't see him
Finding an appointment was easy and the desk staff are very nice people. However, Dr. Shanker himself is quite rude, not approachable, and seemed very eager to diagnose quickly and get out of the room as fast as possible. I have moderate acne and have seen a number of dermatologists, This guy did not even look at my face, seem to hear my problems. He just threw a couple prescriptions my way and walked out of the room. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone! Go somewhere that cares.

August 26th, 2011
Best Dermatologist
I have been to a number of skin doctors over the years. Dr. Shanker is the best by far. He acureately diagnosed and treated me successfully after I had seen 2 other doctors with my skin problem. He is knowledgeble, caring, and competent. His office is pleasant and well run. Excellent.

August 24th, 2011
Great Doctor
My friend from the train recommed Dr Shanker so I thought I would give him a try. I was able to get a appointment with him, I didn't wait long for him to come into the room and see me. He was very thorough removed a sist from my back and sent a rx to pharmacy for acne, my rx was ready when I got to walgreens.Dr & Staff was great.

June 23rd, 2010
Was pretty dissatisfied. He is not personable and I felt he was in a hurry. He charged me $150 to do my entire face (extracting sabeceous hyperplasia)and when I called because he missed a few, he was going to charge me more for that! I believe that he should have allowed to me come in so that he could correct his mistake. I will not be going back to him and would not recommend to anyone.

April 3rd, 2009
If you want to be diagnosed without even being examined, given a prescription, and be out the door in less than 5 minutes, then this is the doctor for you. But if you want a doctor who actually listens to your concerns, looks/touches your skin, and spends time having a dialogue with you, then look elsewhere. I will never visit this doctor again.