Overall Review

no change

July 30th, 2016
Examination went smoothly, but I was required to have a followup exam. Second exam went well also, and day surgery is scheduled.

October 29th, 2015
Dr.sheppard is the best dr.I've ever had..he took great care in my diagnosis of cancer and made me feel very comfortable..he is a great person as well as a doctor.

July 3rd, 2014
It took a month to get an Appt. My husband signed a release of records. Dr. Shepards office did not make sure they got records so all Dr. Shepard had to go on was the biopsy report. NOT GOOD!! The advocate asked if we had all our records as if it was OUR responsibility to retrieve all the doctors records. When it was time to check out the receptionist asked so when do you need to return? Umm you probably should ask the doctor he said all that information would be sent up to the check out desk. The receptionist was about to schedule my husband for lab only. I said you might better check and make sure about that! She then comes back and says oh your husband will have lab and see the Doc. Huh good thing I had her ask! Apart from all this Dr. Shepard did spend time answering questions and going over things. We'll see how things go. My husband has prostate cancer 51y.o. Opting to do the active surveillance.

August 4th, 2011
I had surgery by him in 2007 and him and his staff was awesome...even after the surgery when getting my staples out. great doctor and would recommend him and staff 100%.

March 13th, 2011
Very professional
Dr. Shepherd has been my doctor since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004. I opted for "watchful wait" instead of any radical treatment (surgery, radiation, etc.) which really didn't seem to Dr. Shepherd's liking he was more for surgery, i.e. robotic prostatectomy but he didn't object to my wishes. Bedside manners are impeccable. He also always spent enough time with me to alleviate my concerns and those of my wife. Staff, however, is below par, amateurish. At one time, with an appointment, I was left waiting close to one hour and when I finally inquired I was told: "Oh, Dr. Shepherd has been in surgery this afternoon, he won't be back". That I had not been told at the time of check-in, is beyond me. It's the worst administrative staff I have ever come across.