Psychiatrist

225 Adley Way
Greenville, SC 29607
864-987-9747
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Urine test and the lack of privacy  |  show details
by generic on Apr 19th, 2014

I will boycott any psychiatrist that does urine test as it is an invasion of privacy and nothing short of a physical assault. If a doctor has to go to those extremes it is time to stop writing out prescriptions and if he expects patients to drop their meds then he can stop writing the prescriptions. Also, take a camera and take pictures of the forms you sign because they will not let you see any forms that you sign. The forms depict patients as low life drug addicts only seeking pleasure and ways to get and abuse medications. If you can stomach this kind of treatment along with staff members going through these forms which is against Hip-laws then go for it. Please remember... if you happen to feel good while taken your meds...which is cheating...you might be a drug addict. If your kids steal your meds...you might be a drug addict. If you pick up your meds one day early...you might be a drug addict. If you pick them up late... you might be selling...If you don't have any in your urine...you might me selling. If you lie about any of this because you don't feel safe to tell the truth... your definitely a drug addict. If you don't know how many pills you have left... you might be brain dead...sure sign of a drug addict. I recommend that you get an independent drug test done. If you don't have time ... call 1-800-piss now.

|  Follow ups  |  show details
by Robert mills on Apr 4th, 2013

To whom this my concern or help ,me and my ex wife used Dr.Sherbony for a whole year and my ex wife was there every mouth to get help and relapsed two times but when she stopped they showed no concern bc they wasn't getting anymore money for that ,we got a divorce and three years later she passed away with a unborn 7 mouth child to be ,we spent a lot of money for no follow ups and no concern and for the future dr.sherbondy ,you to show more love and concern for patients instead of focusing on Mercedes !

|  show details
Feb 7th, 2013

My husband has a lot of medical problems after being in the Gulf War. These problems have slowly increased in severity since the war. During the last few months, he started having some mental issues. I don't know if they were the result of the medical problems or the medications that he has been prescribed to treat those problems. As a result, we made an appointment for him to see Dr. Sherbondy. His PCM said that he was the only doctor in the area who would take his two insurances-Medicare and Tricare. We had to wait the 6-8 weeks for that first appointment. My husband was in very bad shape mentally by the time that appointment came. When we got there, he already had his paperwork filled out because I picked it up the month before, which wasin December. The staff said that they no longer filed secondary insurance and would not take the type of payment that we had. They said that everyrthing was in the paperwork that he signed. He told them that it wasn't and to show him in his paperwork where that was. They were very rude and refused to show him the paperwork that he signed. Instead, they tried to show him another form. All they had to say was that he signed paperwork from the previous year and that it was no longer valid. This made my husband very angry. He told them that since Sherbondy wasn't going to see him anyway, would they please give him back his paperwork with all of his personal information. They refused to give him his paperwork back. Instead of diffusing the situation, three of the office staff, including the office manager, escalated the situation. They did all that they could to provoke my husband. I have never seen a doctor's office behave so poorly, especially a psychiatric one. It was very unprofessional. When Dr. Sherbondy came out to get another patient, my husband asked if he could just talk to him for a second, and Sherbondy refused. All that office seemed to care about was money. None of them should be in the psychiatric field. I would NOT recommend this practice to anyone who wants quality care.

|  Very Poor  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

I was a patient of Dr Sherbondy for over 2 years. Doc Sherbondy will write ANY prescription for you. All you have to do is google a symptom and say thats what you are experiencing and he will write a script. I honestly feel that all he cares about is the money and not your well being. I decided to go all natural without meds and have had a wonderful life since I decided to leave his pratice.

|  PLEASEDO NOT GO HERE  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

WASTE OF TIME WAITED 6 WEEKS FOR APPOINTMENT THEN WAS DENIED SERVICE BECAUSE I WAS TOLD I HAVE NO CO PAYMENT ON THE PHONE , THEN WHEN I GOT THERE IT WAS A 60 DOLLAR PAYMENT...DOCTOR WOULD NOT SEE ME BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE PAYMENT....IS ABOUT THE MONEY WITH THIS DOCTOR....STAY AWAY...HE COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT CARE ..WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIS MONEY

|  POOR REVIEW  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

DR. SHERBONDY'S STAFF IF IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH BY PHONE, YOU MUST ALWAYS LEAVE MESSAGES ON VOICEMAIL, AND YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE LEAVING A MESSAGE WITH, SINCE THEY DO NOT HAVE NAMES ON THEIR EXTENSIONS. MINIMAL MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION ON DR. SHERBONDY'S OFFICE NOTES. ON REFERRALS, DR. SHERBONDY DOES NOT PROVIDE TREATMENT AS REQUESTED!

|  Office staff  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

Do not go to Sherbondy's if you need any disability or ADA paperwork, since I was told by office staff: "we don't do that." Also, if you want to switch providers in the office, they won't do that either.

|  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

This "doctor" has written a prescription of vyvance for my wife and he has yet to actually perform a physical evaluation on her. This is unprofessional conduct and he should not be allowed to practice medicine. He basically allowed her to diagnose herself and then prescribed a class 2 controlled substance with no reason

Doctor's Response

I use DSM-IV-TR criteria to diagnose psychiatric conditions along with other rating scales as needed and appropriate. In psychiatry symptoms are often self reported and the clinician must rely on the honesty of the patient in order to accurately diagnose and treat. Family members are always welcome at appointments to give additional information which may be helpful. Psychiatrist do not perform physical exams and therefore collaborate with the patients primary care doctor.