A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Shocket:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Shocket, Gastroenterology is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Shocket, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease ColonRectal Cancer Irritable Bowl Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseColon Cancer Screening
Education & Awards
Dr. Shocket graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Viginia, 1984. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shocket has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Center
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Georgetown Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shocket accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ira D. Shocket practice?
Dr. Ira Shocket practices Gastroenterology near Chevy Chase, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC.
See Chevy Chase Gastroenterologists.