A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ira Shocket:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ira Shocket, Gastroenterology is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ira Shocket, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shocket graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Viginia, 1984. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shocket has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Center
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Georgetown Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ira David Shocket MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Ira D. Shocket practice?
- Dr. Ira Shocket has 3 office locations.
Dr. Ira Shocket practices Gastroenterology near Chevy Chase, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC and Bethesda, MD.
See Chevy Chase Gastroenterologists.