Dr. David Shoemaker MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Sarasota, FL

March 2nd, 2017
Review of dr David shoemaker
Dr Shoemaker was my surgeon in 2016 I had cataract surgery No follow up only if there would have been a problem I found him to be aloof Very sure of himself Short tempered and had this pompous attitude that he was my doctor I felt as thoughI was being tested and eventually passed He has an imposing stance and acts as though he is doing you a favor by being your doctor Very little warmth He is kind of scary physically I was a little frightened of him

October 28th, 2016
Eye check-up
I have always been very pleased with Dr, shoemaker and the staff at Center for Sight. He sis my cataract surgery 12 years ago and my eyesight, unaided, has been great since!

June 1st, 2015
This was all for my husband when he treated him and performed eye surgery on him. Not only was my husband cured of his eyes problems and treated very well by all the staff but also so was I. Amazing people. Thanx to all.

March 17th, 2015
Great experience from beginning to end. Everyone was friendly and concerned.

January 27th, 2015
Clean facility and courteous staff.

April 3rd, 2014
I Can See Clearly Now!
Center For Sight is an amazing place. From the time you have your appointment set there are follow up calls, arrange for ride, do you understand your meds and timing. Entire staff is extremely courteous and Dr. Shoemaker makes sure you and family are in good hands and gives thumbs/smile up when procedure is done. It was such a quick procedure no discomfort and yes if you need any eye health please see the Center For Sight

June 16th, 2013
Cataract Experience
I was impressed by the professionalism of all of the people I encountered in the initial appointment which took several hours. The waiting room areas were very pleasant. The exam rooms and bathrooms were all neat and clean. On the day of the surgery, the surgical staff was very supportive and efficient. My husband watched the procedures on both eyes. I was delighted to be able to see both procedures on a DVD when I returned home. I feel very fortunate that my eye doctor recommended Dr.Shoemaker. He is an extremely skilled surgeon and I'm thrilled with the results.

October 3rd, 2012
I had cataract surgery, extensive measurements took longer than the procedure. Not a lot of face time with the doctor, but I was kept well informed, and am pleased with the outcome.

August 13th, 2012
Wm. Scott Bennett
Upon being sent to the Center for Sight by my own Doctor I was put through a battery of tests to diagnose the problem with my Sight. This included an actual review and testing by Dr. Shoemaker. He thourghly diagnosed my problem and recommend a specifi treatment. I had the surgery within the next three weeks do to my own delay's and now see better than I have in years. I would totally recommend Dr. Shoemaker and his staff to anyone needing Cataract Surgery.

May 15th, 2012
I highly recommend Dr. Shoemaker & Center for Sight for all optical needs.

September 16th, 2011
Great Experience
I couldn't recommend Dr. Shoemaker enough. Thank you, Center For Sight.

September 15th, 2011
Eyes Don't Believe it!
Before having my cataract surgery, I had done my research. I learned of Dr. Shoemakers experience he has performed more of these surgeries than anyone in the region and thats essential when choosing a doctor and I was aware of his reputation as an author and lecturer. So I felt confident about what the outcome would be. I was certain that like thousands of other patients hes treated, Id be seeing the world in whole new way. And I am and loving every minute of it.What I had not known, but quickly realized, was the extraordinary level of professionalism of the entire team at Center for Sight. From my preliminary examination to my consultation with the doctor, everyone answered my questions and addressed my concerns in a manner that gave me the information I needed to comfortably proceed and make decisions I needed to make such as which lens to have implanted. At every appointment, my time was respected. Thats important to me. I never waited for more than a few minutes to see the doctor, whether it was Dr. Maloney, the Optometric doctor who examined me before and after the surgeries, the PA who tested my eyes or Dr. Shoemaker. On the day of my surgery, the van was to pick me up at 7. It was at my front door at precisely that time and two hours later it was dropping me off. In between, the staff conducted themselves like a well-oiled machine. Everyone seemed to have a role and they performed those roles in a manner that put me totally at ease.Ive been a movie fanatic all my life, with a particular fondness for film noir. Seeing some of my favorites now is like seeing them for the first time, which is to say the blacks are blacker the whites whiter everything is crisper. I cant thank the Center for Sight team enough and am pleased to recommend it to anyone seeking the best eye care possible.