inactive

David P Sorkey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 26th, 2014
sorkey is a lunatic!
Please keep your child away from this man! I beg you! I am a health care professional and know others within the community who interact with his patients on a daily basis. This man is a danger to the youth of our community and should loose his license to practice! Please as someone who was a patient of his and who now works in the health care industry and is educated about drugs and child development. I beg you to steer clear of this maniac! I can give example after example of completely ludicrous prescription programs he has prescribed for young adults that blow health care professionals minds when they encounter them. This monster makes a living off doping up young adults who's parents (usually Medicaid recipients) have no clue what is going on. I was prescribed a EXPERIMENTAL psychiatric drug while under his care as a teenager for gods sake! Without the consent or even decency to inform my parents. luckily my parents were highly inquisitive and researched the drugs names after pulling some strings to get their hands on my patient chart. He was prescribing me a drug not even approved by the FDA! Along with that he was prescribing me a host of other psychiatric medication. I refused to take these drugs even as a teenager under his care. luckily I was smart enough having grown up in a household where medicine was discussed daily to know better. I feel horrible for the children and parents who enter his office and have not a clue as to this mans carelessness and lack of caring for the health of the children he prescribes these cocktails of drugs too. Please I am begging you to steer clear of this maniac! I am astonished at everything this man is able to get away with in the city of Columbus and surrounding areas. Keep your child away from him please!

June 1st, 2012
Does not care about patients
First off, Dr. Sorkey is extremely intelligent, however the disconnect is whether or not he cares about the patient. My mother took me to him for well over 10 years and I never had a problem with him until I wanted off medication. He was reluctant to take me off so I just stopped taking them on my own. I felt 1000% better after that (not his fault, but it was just not right for me). My mother was seeing him for depression also and of course, he was prescribing her medication.She drifted in and out of deep depression multiple times and I felt that she might be suicidal. I went to his office multiple times to warn him and ask him to help her since she was lying to him about how she actually felt when the saw him to get more prescriptions. I understand that he could not speak to me about her due to privacy laws, but as her doctor he has an obligation to listen, especially when it's something as serious as suicide.I went to the office probably 5 times and left a note with his administrative staff each time and left a note on his car a couple times also. He never called me and never picked up or responded to my voicemails at his home pleading to him to help my mother.A year or so later my mother finally tried to take her life and intentionally overdosed on medication; although he was no longer her doctor at that point, he was the only local one who could see her at the hospital. It took all my inner strength not to seriously hurt him at the hospital when we were in her room as she was unconscious on the hospital table. He finally saw that I was right then.Like I said, he is a very smart man and if you have serious trouble with your child, then by all means go to him to get the medication straight, but be warned that what he does is not always in the best interest of the patient.My PSA to parents- Please think long and hard about forcing your child to take medication just because they act like boys. My parents forced me on medication starting in 1st grade because I was hyper (like all other boys). I took them without question until 12th grade. I graduated college a while ago with a 3.4GPA in a tough major and no medication. I am now disqualified from being an officer in the military because my parents forced this on me when I never really needed it.ps. I have no doubt he will know who this is when he reads it. So Dr. Sorkey, if you have another side to this story, please feel free to contact me.

February 14th, 2011
Worst child psyciatrist ever.
This man cannot be given more than one star- if there were zero stars that is what I would have chosen. I cannot believe he is a psychiatrist as he seemed peeved that I even entered his office. Very poorly behaving man. He seemed to need a psychiatrist himself. Wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

July 31st, 2010
Please Read
You have had two of my friends as your patients and given them medicine not meant for their age. And dosages that were obviously unreasonably high. Now they are even worse off then they were before. Both of my friends regard you as a horrible thing to happen in their lives. I personly would not suggest you to anyone, not even my worst enemy.