A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Spain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Spain is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Spain, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Inflammation (Peritonitis)
- Abdominal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Multiple Trauma
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Thoracic Injuries
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Spain graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Spain has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spain accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David A. Spain practice?
Dr. David Spain practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA and Louisville, KY.
See Stanford Surgeons and Stanford Critical Care Practitioners.