A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Spain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Spain is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spain
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Spain Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Spain, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Inflammation (Peritonitis)
- Abdominal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Multiple Trauma
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Thoracic Injuries
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Spain graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Spain has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Alan Spain MD is a male Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David A. Spain practice?
- Dr. David Spain has 3 office locations.
Dr. David Spain practices Surgery near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Surgeons.