Dr. David Spain MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Palo Alto, CA

3.8

February 18th, 2014
Abdominal Infection
Dr. Spain did surgery on my husband 20 years ago, when he had a massive infection and was very near death. Dr. Spain at the time looked like a young kid, so we were apprehensive. However, if not for his expertise, my husband would not be here today. We wish he were still in Louisville. He's one doc that I trust completely.

October 10th, 2012
Dr. Spain saved my 18 y/o daughter back in 2003.
I could NEVER thank him and his AWESOME team of surgeons enough for what he did with my daughter. An angel sent from above!!!! Thank you Dr. Spain

October 10th, 2011
Would NOT recommend him
Dr. Spain has a very poor bedside manner. He does not want to explain anything, just wants to leave the room as quickly as possible. But the worst thing is that he really messed up with my surgery. He was asked to get a certain type of biopsy and decide to get a very minimal kind instead, which yielded nothing. He failed to send my tissue for culture, which is standard procedure, and because of that they could not confirm my diagnosis. He didn't try to look at the CT images to decide which the best place to get the biopsy from. He dropped the ball on so many levels. The whole process left me very upset and very angry.

January 30th, 2011
Mrs.
I am overwhelmed with the concern and knowledge as well as Dr. Spains' expertise in diagnosing my health issues. He was and is willing to go the extra mile for a patient and that is rare to find in the health industry...

January 11th, 2011
My only advise is to look around before you go to this doctor. I would not go back to him even if he was the last doctor on this earth.

January 8th, 2011
nightmare
This is by far the worst physician I have ever come across. He has very poor judgment and is very uncaring towards his patients. His surgical skills gives Stanford a bad name. Spare yourselves the agony I went through.There are lots of other surgeons far more deserving of the title.This man should be ashamed to call himself a doctor!