Dr. David Stagner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 22nd, 2016
what a jerk
I was particularly dissatisfied with the behavior of Mr. Stagner as well as the questionable quality of care that I received. He does not project typical human qualities like empathy or humor. He’s stern. He used foul language. I was very uncomfortable in his space. His office was unkempt to the point of being flat out dirty. Dead leaves from dying plants litter the ground. Potting soil from the unconvincing artificial tree in the corner dusted a corner of the office clear of typical pedestrian traffic. Swag from pharmaceutical companies adorns shelves proudly. Mr. Stagner’s sessions were minimalistic at best, he interacted very little. He ultimately refused to answer my questions about the medication’s side-effects, telling me that the information is ‘out there.’ He offered me nothing other than medication, stating flatly that he felt drugs were his best way of helping me. Given his lack of explanation, his aggressive and arrogant mannerisms, and an apparently indifference to rapport and trust; it’s impossible for me to begin down a very expensive path potentially wrought with pitfalls, with a doctor that I cannot trust (or even tolerate). I think this guy is an artifact of the previous generation. Its time he go out to pasture. After this very expensive mistake, I’ve moved on to another doctor. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

December 7th, 2015
Dr. Stanger Really connected with my Son after the loss of his Brother. He reached the inner being of my Son when no one else could. He knew the urgency to get our Family in and made special arrangements to do so.

June 29th, 2012
ADHD diagnosis and treatment for it.
As an adult with this afflction,and also battling addiction, it was imperative to diagnose this first correctly, and then talk about the other, but i was referred to Dr David Stagner from Hazelton Treatment center in Center City MN and i had already heard of him from other sources, and i can honestly say that my meetings with him have been proven to be very informative on the disease itself, and how it affects other parts of my life. He is very good at showing and describing what i have been dealing with for many years, and came up with the correct medication for myself.

April 25th, 2012
Highly qualified psychiatrist, willing to take drastic measures in order to treat a mental illness. Unlike a lot of psychiatrists, stays current with trends in the field, and is not overly cautious with prescribing of medication. I feel a thousand times better since being treated by him.

February 11th, 2012
Simply the best!
When I first started to see Dr. Stagner, I had been hospitalized twice for suicidality stemming from crippling depression and anxiety. Dr. Stagner worked with me for almost three years to help me overcome anxiety and depression. I was failing out of my second college and felt my life was worthless, but he gave me the tools to love and respect myself. I went on to graduate from college and law school. It's been about 10 years since I was last seen by Dr. Stagner. I have a wife and two small children. If they ever need help for depression or anxiety, I hope I can find them a doctor as good as "Stags" - I owe a debt to that man that I will never be able to repay.

June 26th, 2011
Overall I have found Dr. Stagner to be a caring psychiatrist who listens to me without interrupting. He asks poignant questions and does not overprescribe medication.

September 7th, 2009
Great, and don't listen to 17 year old story
I found Dr.Stagner very helpful. Depression runs in my family, and he did very well prescribing medication. HE WILL NOT put you on many drugs, unless you LIE. ( Which is probably why the 17 was put on so many drugs) and he will only put you on one drug at a time, unless more is needed. I would like to point out that he mostly works with children. ( look at title) I think he did a great job at listening, and if you think he doesn't listen, your crazy. Just going to an appointment with him made me feel less depressed.

February 3rd, 2009
Very good at what he does.

November 14th, 2008
Pushed unneeded drugs on our 17 year old son and did not listen to us or our son about their affects.When one drug caused undesirable behavior, he added additional prescription drugs.Very arrogant and none caring.Our son ended up weaning himself off multiple drugs prescribed by Dr. Stagner and is now fine.