Dr. David Steiner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

May 17th, 2016
Faithfully compassionate

December 2nd, 2015
It was nice to see him initially, when you actually got to see him. You sit in the waiting room for at least an hour to get pawned off on an assistant who knows nothing of your situation and walks in with pre-conceived notions as to how they'll treat you. Staff turnover is unbelievable and Dr. Steiner doesn't even try to make you feel any better about his office or your pain. Years later I am still not going back!

April 27th, 2015
Absolutely worst office in the world. First visit for a 7 year old 3 hours....second visit 4 hours with a 7 year old. Still didnt see dr. Rude office staff and zero care how long they keep you waiting. People walking out left and right. Calling for my sons records and NEVER going back...i suggest you stay away from this office!

April 2nd, 2015
2+ waiting time with rushed exam by Dr. David Steiner
Horrible wait time 2+ hours with no explanation with a rushed exam. When it was time to see the doctor it was a rushed exam (in a waiting chair rather than the examining table which was full of unorganized documents including other patients info...what happened to their HIPPA guidelines? ?) The staff have attitudes and have no ethical care for the patient (They should look for another line of work if they don't want to deal with variation of issues that are to be dealt with in that type of setting! ) if you want a professional reliable nerologist with caring staff DON'T go to Dr. David Steiner at 222 Rockaway Turnpike in Cedarhurst NY!!

January 15th, 2014
Golareh Sina
I have to be honest 5 towns neurology would never treat me again if it was for Mrs Sina. Before she came on board I felt like I was just another patient who walks in and out with very little thought paid to me and since she's become a member of the team not only do I still go to 5TN but she personally has not only improved my physical well being but my mental very much. I look foward to seeing her and in almost 40 years I've never felt that way about anyone in any dr's office. She genuinely cares, it's very obvious and has been from day 1. She thoroughly does her job examining me and also makes the time to care about what's going on in my personal life, not for gossip but to point out how often the mental can trick your body. I could go on about this woman all day but to keep it simple I'd say great PA, great friend, and a great person

July 3rd, 2013
Recent Visit
I was referred to Dr. Steiner for vertigo and chronic headaches by my PCP. Upon arrival, the front desk girls were extremely nice and helpful with filling out the paperwork. Unlike the previous reviews I have read on this site, the wait time was not bad at all. It took me about 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and another 5 minutes or so until I was called to the back. Once in the back, the medical assistant took my blood pressure and asked me about my medical history, etc. Dr. Steiner was very nice and answered all my questions. He wanted me to take a few tests and an MRI of the brain to see the source of my symptoms. I was nervous at first to do the MRI but they had one of the assistants sit with me throughout the exam in order to calm my nerves. Overall, my experience at this office was a good one, I am scheduled for a follow up in two weeks to discuss my results and will update this review then.

May 22nd, 2013
victim
This office is a circus and the doctor is the head clown. He is there to make money on tests but does not explain them. Does not care about patients

January 26th, 2013
The worst treatment by a doctors office I've ever experienced
Dr Steiner is a fine doctor. The problem is his office. It is totally disorganized and chaotic. I understand a good doctor is worth waiting for however I went on 2 occasions wo Urn an appointment with Dr Steiner. on the first vist I waited 2 hours 45 minutes and was seen by his personal assistant (who may or may not have been a doctor

November 28th, 2012
unprofessional
the opposite of professionalism in every way. wait was an hour and a half to see a PA who seemed totally clueless and unintelligent. The prescription they gave me was so confusing- the drugstore had no idea what to even give me. No one told me to follow up at all, and six months later they wouldn't refill my prescription because they said I didnt come in for a follow up yet! What a turn off...never going back!!

July 23rd, 2012
the man knows all except The Hippocratic Oath he took
His office is a mad carousel of disgruntled, uninformed, misguided, disjointed and often irascible twenty-somethings (and a few stray retirees)who appear mesmerized and dumbstruck by their pompous, scathingly condescending and slovenly obese oligarch who conducts excessive, expensive and redundant testswithout explanation. Pays flippant lip service to patients' frailties and related needs. His office , with all itsmyriad smoke and mirrors elite researchclaims, is a 3-ring investigation waiting to happen.

April 18th, 2011
This is not a doctor. He is a clown and a dangerous one. I had a nine am appt and was not seen until 1:30PM. Without seeing me the receptionist told me that I was going to need testing before I saw him. They wanted to give me an emg and an MRI and I said no because I wanted to see the doctor first.They said that was the office policy so I had all the test and an MRI I didn't even need. When I finally saw him he had food on his beard and was contantly scracting his testicles which made me feel uncomfortable. He didn't exam me and gave me prescription of narcotics. I told him I didn't need narcotics but he insisted. I will never go to that office again and I told my PCP to send patients to his office because all the patients there are drug addicts.Someone should report him to the Drug Enforcement Agency.The doctor is dangerous and is a danger to all the people that go there.

April 18th, 2011
if you ever get to see the md, stay away.....stick with the PA, UNLESS YOU WANT DRUDS