Dr. David Stephens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 20th, 2014
Rhinoplasty surgery
I am currently a patient of Dr. Stephens. For some time I had been considering rhinoplasty surgery due to a natural imperfection with my nose. I was rather unsure about the procedure as this was going to be my first experience with any form of cosmetic/plastic surgery. After researching surgeons and speaking with previous patients, I believed and trusted that Dr. Stephens would be the most capable surgeon. I discovered he was just that! Dr. Stephens is extremely talented and remarkable with his work. He is an exceptional listener and put forth great effort in understanding my concerns. His sincerity is above and beyond my expectations. The results of my rhinoplasty were exactly what we had discussed. I anticipated that my nose would have the same natural appearance as before; however, my side profile would have a smoother trajectory. The outcome was truly what I had been awaiting and so much more than I had expected. My recovery was not painful. I was healing much faster than I had expected. I noticed a difference immediately after my bandages were removed. I am now 2 months past my operation date and there are absolutely no external traces of my procedure. Internally, I am breathing well and have no discomfort. Throughout my experience with Dr. Stephens and his staff, my appointments have been heartfelt. Not only is Dr. Stephens an exceptional surgeon but his staff has also proven to be equally exceptional. Every person is highly proficient in their skills and I consistently feel comforted to know I am in great hands. I am so blessed and thankful to have become Dr. Stephen’s patient. I am truly grateful to him as this is a life-changing experience for me. It is a privilege to recommend Dr. Stephens to any other person who may be considering a similar procedure. My only regret with my rhinoplasty surgery is that I did not visit Dr. Stephens sooner. He is truly amazing!

June 3rd, 2014
Plastic Surgery
I had a breast augmentation by Dr Stevens in 2009. The surgery that I had failed and I had to have it re-done. The corrective surgery is/was not great and left me in immeasurable physical pain while I already had really a lot of physically enduring health problems. I didn't sue him and didn't get compensation. It is really very sad. I like him a lot personally and have seen other work that he has done with his practice and elsewhere; I really got hurt, though.

December 26th, 2013
Breast Augmentation
I had Breast implants done and had originally gone in to have a lift a implants. I have a thing about scars. I wanted them to go in through my armpit and there would be no scars. They said they could not. They needed to do a lift which would cause scars. I said fine. They gave me a discount for two procedures. I had asked for a full C cup and ended up with a double D cup. I am an athlete and having double D cups is just too much. When I asked the office manager she said they decided in the surgery room that larger breast would look better on me. They did not consult with me or my husband. When I arrived for my surgery their sterilization equipment was not working and one of the nurses had to run the items to the local hospital they said. Also they told me since I lived a distance away I needed to stay in a hotel and come in for a check up in the morning to make sure my drain was actually draining. We scheduled an appointment at 8:30am the next morning with the office manager. I really just wanted to go home. I was in a lot of pain and tired. The office manager didn't show up until 10 am while my husband and I sat in the waiting room waiting for her all that time. There were no apologies. She said she didn't know why we thought she would schedule that early when she doesn't start work until 10am. HMMM When I asked for the money back for my lift that they didn't do the office manager went ballistic on me and my husband. She said they did the work promised and were not going to refund me. I had to get my credit card company involved and a year later I received 1/4 of what I should have. I have a horrible jagged scar on my right breast that hurts every day. They could not explain to me why the scar was there. The office manager told me it was just part of having a surgery. Other doctors have told me that he screwed up and tried to fix a cut he made. It's right along my bra line and rubs raw everyday. I thought the Office Manager was rude and unprofessional. They should not have made a decision to go larger for me without asking. I had to save up to have another surgery to make my breasts a C cup. I won't get into what the dr said about the implants that he removed. (they were not matching implants) It was scary to listen to and the amount of money I paid was double then if I had just gone to a well known dr in my town.

May 5th, 2010
Breast implants experience with Dr. David Stephens
Just would like to share my experience with Dr. David Stephens - plastic surgeon.I did breast implants with this doctor.Everything went fine, stuff are friendly. But...For some reason he did my right breast smaller that left and left didn't feel comfortable and feels displaced.I really embraced about this factMy breasts before surgery was small, but they were the same size and perfectly proportionally positioned.When I told doctor about those problems he told me that " Most women have different breasts size Don't worry about that." But what is plastic surgeons for? The answer is clear - to correct or enhance. Long story short - I still have my breasts in different sizes - one bigger and another smaller...

January 19th, 2009
Best Surgeon in Bellevue
Dr. Stephens and his whole office are some of the kindest, most professional people I've ever encountered in the medical field. I have been back for 3 different procedures. I highly recommend you go in for a consultation if you are thinking of a surgical procedure. His office has none of the condescending attitude of other Bellevue surgeons. I have been very happy with my results. Please also keep in mind that when people have a negative experience, they are more apt to write reviews than when they have a positive one. Just because you read one or two negative reviews (see above), that does take away the many happy clients that have had very positive results.