A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Stoeckle:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Stoeckle is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Stoeckle, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hernia Repair Herniorrhaphy
- Hypovolemia Low Blood Volume
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery Cholecystectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Peritoneal Adhesiolysis
- Small Bowel Resection
Education & Awards
Dr. Stoeckle graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Stoeckle has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Columbia Alleghany Regional Hospital
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stoeckle accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David B. Stoeckle practice?
Dr. David Stoeckle practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Colon & Rectal Surgery, and Gastroenterology near Blacksburg, VA.
See Blacksburg Surgeons, Blacksburg Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Blacksburg Gastroenterologists.