Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 19th, 2014

Dr. Stoekle is the best surgeon. He has saved my life more than once. I think so much of him. I would and do recommend him to friends and family all the time!!!

by Patty A. on Mar 18th, 2014

I've seen Dr. Stoeckle for 30 years now. I have always been pleased with his bedside manner. He genuinely cares about folks. He has done two surgeries that improved my life 100 percent. The after care was exceptional, getting a work-in visit was very easy. They really do care about the people who come to them. I like his straight-up attitude with me and the respect he shows me. I trust Dr. Stoeckle, and he has never failed me. He has that old fashioned work ethic and so much empathy for folks. I highly recommend him.

Get a second opinion show details Get a second opinion
Jan 8th, 2014

I had an undiagnosed condition that required surgery to diagnose. I found Dr. Stoeckle to be very polite with an excellent bedside manner. However, I do not think his recommendation of laproscopic surgery was in my best interest. He said that the recovery time would be much shorter and easier for me, and while I appreciate that perspective, my CT scans and ultrasound showed an organ that could/should not be removed lapro due to it's size (larger than my liver). Luckily, I sought a second opinion from a specialist at UVA who ended up performing the surgery via open abdominal. During the surgery they discovered several incredibly enlarged, paper thin blood vessels. Also, the organ was so large they were barely able to remove it through the incision that spanned my entire abdomen. What Dr. Stoeckle told me would take an hour or 2 via lapro was a 5.5 hour open procedure due to the complexity. My surgeon believes that laproscopic surgery could have caused serious complications due to blood loss or worse, death. Also, I had a very rare condition (less than 100 in the world), and a pathology report on a bag of mush from lapro removal would not have been possible. The whole organ was needed in tact for an accurate diagnosis. As my UVA surgeon said, "Just because we have laproscopic surgery as a tool, does not mean we should use it." Also, Dr. Stoeckle had recommended a total colon cleanse prior to my surgery. UVA did not recommend this and when I asked they told me that it was unnecessary due to the area of surgery. Since Dr. Stoeckle's specialty appears to be colon and other gastro surgery, I'm assuming that he was just giving me the "one size fits all" solution which would have been an uncomfortable experience for me for no benefit. I feel the lapro recommendation was also a "one size fits all" solution without really studying my case. Ultimately, I shudder to think what may have happened to me without my 2nd opinion.

ccccc show details ccccc
Mar 31st, 2012

Took great care of my daughter

Sep 29th, 2011

Dr. Stoeckle is an excellent doctor and compassionate person. He is fantastic!

Nov 16th, 2009

Doctor Stoeckle is an excellent surgeon with a caring bedside manner.