Dr. David Strege MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 19th, 2017
Excellent Physician
I saw Dr. Strege for an infection in my hand/wrist. He was very professional and very easy to talk to. His staff was also wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Strege. He is wonderful and an excellent physician.

June 8th, 2017
Dr. Strege is wonderful. He is caring and a wonderful surgeon. He even called me the day after surgery to follow-up with me. I sure was surprised. He is the hand specialist for me.

September 27th, 2016
I received very detailed information regarding what was wrong with me. The information was very helpful to my better understanding; since my condition of cellulitis came on rapidly and seemingly without cause.

August 4th, 2016
Love him .

April 19th, 2016
The doctor was very thorough in explaining my situation and solutions. I did not feel rushed at all.

October 24th, 2015
great elbow surgeon, He preformed lateral epindilitis and two ulner nerve relocations.

January 31st, 2014
David Strege may do a good enough job repairing hand injuries, but his bed-side manner is terrible. He, and his assistant Mindy, are rude, interruptive and cross. Every visit you will find yourself waiting up to and longer than one hour to see him. If you complain, he becomes angry and displays passive-aggressive behavior in response. Neither he nor his staff give their full attention, this includes completing paperwork. Now that I no longer see him, my stress levels have gone down. He does not explain the procedure/surgery and appears to prefer to just do surgeries and not deal with patients. He will not return phone calls. It's nearly impossible to have a clear discussion with his assistant Mindy. She interrupts and doesn't listen or seem to care. David Strege is not a pleasant person, and he does not show any concern for patient concerns. There are very capable hand surgeons in St. Louis ; there is no need to tolerate David Strege or his staff.

October 2nd, 2013
TIRED OF WAITING
I had to call 3 times over 2 days, getting an answering machine each time when trying to schedule an appointment. When, I finally got an appointment, I showed up 15 minutes early as asked by the appointment scheduler to fill out paperwork. After filling out the paper work, I sat in the waiting room for over an hour. They run their scheduling like an assembly line, 1 appointment scheduled every 5 minutes. There is no way possible to keep on schedule with the volume of patients they are trying to push through the office. After over an hour of waiting in the lobby, I was taken back to a room where I waited an additional 30 minutes. Finally, I asked the assistant if this is normal to wait this long. She said it is usually worse. I would not recommend having any other plans for the day, and make sure you bring your wallet. They make sure you pay up front. Probably because so many patients give up waiting and just walk out and find a physician's office that is actually run by people who care about their patients.

January 6th, 2017