A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Sugarbaker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Sugarbaker is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sugarbaker
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sugarbaker Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Sugarbaker, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 31 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Malignant Pleural Effusion)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Pleural Neoplasms)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Lung Transplantation
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Sugarbaker graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Sugarbaker has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Faulkner Hospital
- South Shore Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David J Sugarbaker MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David J. Sugarbaker practice?
- Dr. David Sugarbaker has 1 office location.
Dr. David Sugarbaker practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.