Dr. David Suhrbier Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Suhrbier?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

August 11th, 2016

This doctor, facility, and staff are all amazing! Very friendly, knowledgeable, focused, and caring. The hardest thing, at times, can be getting an appointment just because they are so amazing that they are in high demand and highly recommended.

June 28th, 2016

If it wasn't for Dr. Suhrbier, my daughter would still be suffering from seizures today. He's brilliant!

March 19th, 2014

Terrible!

August 22nd, 2012

wrong chart information, berading

My son has a neurological condition caused by seizure meds I had to take when I was pregnant. Dr. Suhrbier had the wrong condition in my son's medical charts and when I began to question him about the future of my son's condition, he began to yell at me for drinking while I was pregnant and giving my son Fetal Alcohol Syndrome which is most definitely NOT what he has. When I became angry and pointed out his mistake, he became quite sheepish and I haven't seen him since, just the nurse. I believe he is too embarrassed to face me again. It's an act of congress to get them to adjust medications or do any testing. They don't listen to my concerns either. I'm switching doctors.

October 16th, 2011

Be Careful...

Be very careful when dealing with this office. This doctor likes to give children a TON of medicine and he has not ever listened to me when I tried to talk to him about my concern over that as well as the side effects we were experiencing. He perscribed our child 6 different meds- two of which have strict warnings by their manufacturers to NEVER combine together. The side effects we have been trying to tell them about are the warning signs of a problem when these meds are combined. I do not feel that they have the best interest of my child in mind. They want to give you as much meds as possible and that seems to be their entire goal.We were also supposed to be off these drugs at two years. There have been no other problems (other then side effects of the meds) and they keep finding excuses to keep him on meds and add more. Also, almost every appointment is with the nurse. If you have a comment or concern they act put out if they have to go talk to the doctor. The doctor won't even come in to talk to you, no matter what your concern is. The last time we had an appointment with the nurse she didn't even bother bringing in my son's chart, just said "what refills do you need?"Like the other comment said, they are the only game in town. Personally, my child is worth the drive/expense of having someone who actually has his best interest in mind. If you use them, be very careful, and do your OWN research. These folks seem to care about nothing but pushing pills.

March 30th, 2011

excellent dr

We feel so lucky to have dr suhrbier treat my grandaughter hailey , He is very easy to talk to and has helped so much with getting her on the right track with her epilepsy medicines and testing she needed. He always explains everything in detail and we are happy to have him for a doctor!

January 23rd, 2011

The only game in town.....

I took my daughter to see Dr. Renfroe and Suhrbier when she was 14mths old. Dr. Suhrbier and his PA were not bad. Here is where the problem comes in. If you have any tests ran..i.e. blood, eeg's etc you will not be able to get the results over the phone. You have to wait and make another appointment, which is CRAZY. If you dare call, the robot talking nurses will read a script like speech about how they "do not have time" to give every patient their results over the phone. These are children who need answers and they are too busy to provide simple answers over the phone? That is the most insane office practice I have ever heard. The office staff are without any emotion and really do seem like they read scripts. My sister in law daughter had a brain tumor that was removed 2 yrs ago. She had her annual MRI to make sure nothing has grown back. Dr. Suhrbier told her to call and he would give her all the details. Welllll, just as usual the office staff would not allow my SIL to speak with Dr. Suhrbier or leave a message for him. Instead, they said and I quote "no abnormalities". When my SIL asked what does that mean the nurse tells her "she will need to make an appointment if she wants the details". My SIL lives 1.5 hrs away and they expect her to take off of work and drive down there, pay the co-pay, have her insurance charged again to get results 3 weeks after the test was ran!!! What is wrong with this office! I would not recommend this office simply because you will never get your tests results in a timely manner and the office staff is uncaring about the children who need care from these doctors. They may be the only game in town but I now drive to Birmingham to see an awesome childrens neurology group who provide me with all tests reaults the same day! Drive your children to UAB people. You will not regret it!

March 5th, 2017