3.0

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Nov 18th, 2015

I ended up spending 5 days in the hospital with E. coli just days after a botched prostate biopsy by Dr. Svetec. He admitted to the mistake, but I ended up with all of the unexpected medical bills. Afterwards, he informed me that I had cancer of the prostate and recommended having it removed. Unfortunately, I lacked any confidence whatsoever in his skills with regards to the prostate surgery. After a some lengthy research, I ended up going with Penn Medicine in Philadelphia to have the procedure done. I'm now cancer free and I know I made the right decision!

Good physician terrible office! show details Good physician terrible office!
Nov 12th, 2015

Had prostate surgery and everything went well. He seems to be a good surgeon and physician. But the office is terrible, terrible, terrible. They are inefficient, not courteous, not helpful. The wait on their phone system is usually more than 30 minutes. They drop calls. They don't respond to messages. They are rude and inept. They lose forms or misfile forms or don't even know their own office procedures. Be prepared for a lot of frustration when dealing with the offices of Lancaster Urology.

Dec 24th, 2014

Primarily shared what could go wrong with the surgical procedure; did not offer hope.

Amazing! show details Amazing!
by Sheil M on Mar 2nd, 2013

The care I experienced was second to none. Thank you Dr Svetic for everything.

Superdoc show details Superdoc
Jul 23rd, 2012

As a patient, I recommend Dr. Svetec to family and friends. He is qualified, experienced, and supported by helpful staff.

Office staff is unprofessional show details Office staff is unprofessional
Dec 16th, 2011

There should be some training in handling cancer patients. We had to call a cancer treatment center to get answers we needed. Disorganization and lack of proper communication delayed several important procedures, including surgery to remove the tumor. With cancer, time matters! Dr. Svetec may be skilled, but he's surrounded by untrained, unprofessional staff.

World Class surgeon and experienced with robotics show details World Class surgeon and experienced with robotics
Jul 12th, 2011

An extremely qualified clinician with outstanding surgical skills. As a patient I would recomend him to family and friends. Spends time explaining everything and one of the best in the country with robotics. His patients come first and he was my first choice from a very long list including those at academic medical centers.