Dr. David Lujan DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 26th, 2016
Unorganized Doctor...
Horribly unorganized liar. Can't keep appointments, lives in his own time zone, and doesn't return phone calls. Find another Dr.

July 9th, 2013
Save yourself some aggravation
I was warned that it took Dr. Lujan a few phone calls to get back with patients about scheduling and refills. In truth, it takes about six and translates into a 4-6 week time span. While Dr. Lujan is fine in person, he is very remiss in returning calls, doing RX refills and, in my case, correcting prescription errors he has created. If you are an adult seeing him, this is probably more tolerable. If you are a parent bringing your child to see him, you will likely find yourself aggravated and upset with the lack of response Dr. Lujan is known for. My advice, find someone else.

June 14th, 2013
Unprofessional
I sent my 20 yr old son to see this doctor and I made a huge mistake! I was told they took our insurance first of all, I found out they didn't after I got a 200.00 Bill and called the office to find out why they billed out of network, after talking to our insurance, I was screamed at by the "Office Manager" so she called herself. So rude and unprofessional. Frankly they lied! Second they take up to 2 weeks to refill a prescription! My son has gone a week without his med. How dangerous is that! Not just once either! So I paid the bill I mentioned in the beginning thinking maybe that's why no refill on his scrip, no this doctor and office staff is incompetent!

October 6th, 2012
Will not go back. Unprofessional.Other things on his mind than patients and practice.

July 18th, 2012
Excellent Doctor!
This doctor nailed the diagnosis' of anyone in my family who has needed him. He is VERY professional and courteous. He knows a LOT about psychiatry and is VERY good at it. He can nail a problem head on and is an EXCELLENT doctor! I read some reviews by other people and want to mention the 'staff' is not necessarily 'his staff'. He rents space there to run his practice. He does everything himself, so yes, sometimes it might take him a little longer to return a phone call, but, in an emergency, he IS AVAILABLE as we DID have one '1' time. He worked with the hospital we took our child to without any problems on his part. The problem came with the hospital we were at in which THEY did NOT tell us what we "HE" TOLD THEM "WE" NEEDED TO KNOW! I continue to go there and am VERY happy with his diagnosis, treatment, and everything else he does. After almost a decade of seeing him, I still think he is an EXCELLENT doctor! He knows Psychiatry like the back of his hand. Problems with billing do NOT reflect as to how good a doctor is or isn't, as one review referred to this. This is a separate matter/billing issue.This doctor IS a Psychiatrist, so in my opinion he knew what was wrong with that patient and perhaps he knew there was no possible way to come to a conclusion with them and simply 'hung up' as a means to an end.This doctor has a THRIVING practice with adults and children, both. Again, in my opinion, he is VERY good, and can diagnos exactly what is wrong in a VERY professional way. His bedside manner is by FAR better than ALL other doctors I have EVER seen!

May 9th, 2012
Does not return calls. Almost impossible to get a hold of, when you need him. I would never recommend him to anyone.

March 29th, 2011
UNPROFESSIONAL
Dr. Lujan was very unprofessional to my husband, his patient, and even called me (wife of patient) and threatened me and degraded me over a $85 bill mix-up with his staff. He hung up on myself and my husband and was very unprofessional and overall a nasty person to talk to. He refused to call my husband back for 3 weeks when my husband needed his prescription and to see him. he refused over a bill mix-up. We did not owe him any money and were up to date with our bill from him. We are no longer dealing with this doctor and will NOT recommend him to anyone!

January 17th, 2010
VERY GOOD PSYCHATRIST
HE WAS THE ONLY PSYCHIATRIST WHO NAILED MY DIAGNOSIS AND THE APPROPRIATE TREATMENT OUT OF 4 PROMINENT PSYCHIATRISTS