Dr. David Teicheira MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Sacramento, CA

January 27th, 2016
Doc T is a wonderful doctor But his staff doesn't call back or fax my paperwork to offices I need them to I have read other reviews and it has been blamed on his wife . Which I believe But, also I believe Doc T is responsible himself Which is why I am leaving and not seeing him , anymore He may be a excellent Doctor , he is also responsible for how his wife treats people and his staff not doing their job He runs a very unprofessional office

May 14th, 2015
He has been attentive and concerned for my well-being.

September 30th, 2013
patient for over a decade
As indicated by the title I've been a patient of Dr.T's for almost 14 years now. He now has me on a number of prescriptions for my failed back surgery pain. Dr. T himself is a very good pain mgt doctor and it took a couple of years of trying different medications until we found the exact mix that works and allows me to at least be able to do small tasks a little at a time. Before I was incapable of even walking my dog around the block. However, as you've seen with other reviews the office staff is horrible. They refuse to call back when you leave a message. And when you call (if you are already a patient) you will have to leave a message because they will not answer the phone. I agree with the other reviewers that this is probably due to the wife situation. She is rude, yells at staff even while the patient is standing right there. The office does have a high turnover and uses unpaid (slaves) interns to do the initial information such as blood pressure and weight. They now use these portable blood pressure monitors that never give an accurate result. Even after you tell the intern that can't possibly be the correct figures you are then informed it does not matter! If it does not matter than why even go through the motions. When you need paperwork done or your claims examiner is requesting a narrative report by his office is like pulling teeth. You are absolutely thwarted from talking to Dr. T over the phone about what your Office of Workers' Compensation is requesting in order to still be considered an injury on the job by the office. You can call & fax till you're blue in the face which makes it very difficult if like me there are time limits to get the requested information back to OWCP. That is why I gave 0 stars for promptness, courteous staff(what a laugh riot) & follows up after visit. It's really too bad that Dr T's wife is involved at all in his business. Good doctor, but if you have to deal with an on the job injury that requires by law certain paperwork be done in a certain time frame you are now playing Russian roulette.

July 27th, 2013
Doctor is wonderful, his wife is NOT
I have been a patient of Dr. Teicheira's for many years. He was on J Street near Sutter General, then he moved his office to Scripps Drive. Dr. Teichera is a soft-spoken, gentle and sensitive man who unfortunately is married to a very difficult wife. I believe she over-books patients as I have waited for 1 hour for him to see me, but the wait is usually 45 minutes, so plan for that. Unusually high turnover of office personnel, everytime I go in for an appointment I plan to wait for at least 45 mins, ( this is the norm) and am seen by inexperienced medical assoc. students. I help them with proper med. procedures often. Doc T. himself is wonderful, I believe the high turnover is directly related to his wife who is an absolute shrew.

January 4th, 2011
Turned my life around
Really appreciated Dr. T's advice about managing pain. This is a doc without a sign of arrogance . . . human, caring and very very knowledgable. I got relief from severe back pain and didn't require surgery. Dr. T's counseling enabled me to manage pain and get my life back. Can't say enough good things about the man and his staff.

November 19th, 2010
Dr. Teicheira is extremely competent and caring. He performs procedures flawlessly. Best pain management doctor I have had. Would have no hesitation recommending him to a family member or friend.

November 8th, 2010
Love the new office....very peaceful, serene. Great staff, although there has been a high turn over since his wife has taken charge of office management. She yells at staff and has even argued with patients out in the open for everyone to hear. She's mean and embarrasses everyone who has to talk to her. Dr.T's office used to be a refuge from pain and full of caring, understanding staff members. Now everyone is more worried about getting in trouble with the Mrs. and it leaves them unable to engage with the patients anymore. He is a great doctor and has completely changed my ability to function with his treatments, but the office atmosphere is becoming more and more uncomfortable to be in.

January 19th, 2010
Dr T is great
Since Dr T left downtown he had had a steady turnover of support staff. He is a wonderful doctor but the staff is either overworked or absolutely unafraid of him. No follow calls, you have to track your authorizations, leave numerous messages, no response. If he wasn't a great man, I would have been long gone.

October 20th, 2008
He's my hero
I've been seen by at least 6 different PM doctors over the years and when they couldn't figure something out, they would shrug and say they don't know. Most were afraid to be assertive with work comp. But not Dr. T! He has been a pit bull when it comes to finding a diagnosis and treatment that will help like the best thing yet, my spinal cord stimulator! Although after 4 years of living with the stim unit, I finally realized I needed it less and less for the arm pain caused by my cervical issues. I had it removed in 2007 and although the pain isn't like it used to be before the stim, it now sneaks up on me once in awhile. I should have listened and kept it in. No other doctor has ever taken the time or shown the concern as Dr. T and I would recommend him in a heart beat. Thanks Dr. T