Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  the best  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

Best surgeon in town, no question. I have a friend who works in the operating room and told me to only see him.

|  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

this doctor was awesome-daughter needed apendectomy-he agreed not to use a ctscan so we didnt have to expose her to radiation-she was back to ballet dancing 5 days later-wanted to go on the third day but i held her back- dr came to waiting room sat down even tho exhausted and explained everything-took questions- THANK YOU DOCTOR THOMAN! WHAT A GODSEND!

|  Lack of after care  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

Since my surgery i had nothing but complications i have not seen him since day of surgery and even that was a breif. All my care has been through residents not once have I seen him even after my complications. Call Had made calls to his office and also had spoken to the on-call doctor all Conversation seem scripted responses I am suffered from numerous complications and disappointed with the quality of aftercare .

|  Dr. Magic Lifesaver!  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

This doctor literally saved my life with all the extensive tests he did prior to my surgery! I owe this man my life! My primary doctors ran tests because I kept telling them how awful I felt [for 3 years] and was sick all the time.... Dr. Thoman found out what was wrong with me & treated me immediately. I have my life back!

|  Will never recomend  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2011

Dr Thoman did my gastribypass 6 years ago and lost 100lbs. results only lasted 1 yr. Just recently I mad an appointment to see him to consult why my weight gain and he refused to see me unless I paid a very high amount had his nurse tell me "your intestant is streached and thats why ur fat"....HELLO u did my surgery, the less you could go is see me....MMMMM if you wuould have seen all the done @ sansum you would see THAY YOUR NURSE WAS WRONG!!!! there is other old patients of his that gained all if not more weight back!!! NEVER GO SEE HIM!!!

|  Mary C.  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

I did extensive research to find this doctor because he does not advertise well. I wanted scarless surgery and couldn't find anyone in LA with enough experience. I found him through another surgeon in LA and have been thrilled with the results. He is a brilliant surgeon and developed the technique. Would recommend to anyone!

|  He`s the BEST!  |  show details
by Kathy W at Insider Pages on Jul 15th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr Thoman and his staff are EXCELLENT ! Everyone is so polite and friendly. I went in as a scared and cautious patient and 2 yrs later I am ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Lack of Follow Through  |  show details
by Terri Spalding on Jul 14th, 2010

One of my family members recently had a surgery with this doctor. His surgery did not fix the problem because he was not willing to look into the problem deeper. His follow through was condescending, and 100% lack luster. When I would ask him a question, or the patient would we would receive a smirk of smile from his face,and a very cryptic answer of a few syllables. I highly recommend staying away from this doctor if you care about your health. Another surgery was required once again because of the lack of care from the this doctor. This doctor should really get some lessons on aftercare, he is not capable in this area.

|  gastric bypass patient who is also a nurse  |  show details
by Carolyn on Apr 15th, 2010

Although Dr. Thoman does not converse much he is an excellent surgeon and prides himself as such. He also has the reputation for no deaths associated with this surgery. And the reason for this is that his staff gets the patient up as soon as they open their eyes after surgery and walks them preventing blood clots.

|  best in town  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2009

My internist sent me to another surgeon who wanted to open me up from stem to stern. Luckily, I have a friend who works in the OR and said Dr. Thoman was the best. He used a few small incisions and I left the next day!!