Dr. David Thordarson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 7th, 2015
Excellent surgeon with a well deserved confident manner. Describes what he's going to do in coherent detail and answers all questions patiently. Recommend him highly.

April 19th, 2014
Terrible care and outcomes
This is a surgical mill. After my ankle surgery I tried to contact dr Thordarson at least 10 times about swelling, pain, discoloration. I was shunted to his post surgery nurse who is the ONLY permitted to speak to him. I begged for an appointment to find out what was wrong. He refused to see me for three weeks. I went to the emergency room over the weekend and they took off the cast which was to tight, put me in a soft splint, gave me crutches, ice, etc. called Thordarson the next day and his nurse was just as rude and said see u in 3 weeks. Six months later my ankle hurts more than it did before surgery. Stay away from this hack!

April 15th, 2013
Excellent service
Promptly seen and treated. Staff is pleasant and efficient. Parking validated. I give them high marks all around.

September 22nd, 2011
After consulting with two different surgeons and getting two very different solutions for my toe (hallux rigidus), I decided to find the best doctor. That search lead me to Dr. Thordarson and I'm incredibly happy to have found him. From the moment he walked in, I knew he was a person I could trust who is very friendly and helpful. Even though the USC Hospital is a bit like a factory, when you deal with him, you are a person that he cares about. He even quickly returns emails and phone calls. After surgery, I healed faster than expected and was running and doing physical activities way ahead of schedule. I sincerely cannot imagine having a better surgeon.

September 22nd, 2011
Great experience with Dr. Thorfarson and USC Hospital ....5 star!
What a pleasant experience considering the pain. Staff, Doctor Thordarson and Hospital all exceptional!

September 10th, 2011
None better than Dr. Thordarson
Dr.Thordarson IS the go to guy for all of the US for foot and ankle surgery. i had a crushed calcaneous fracture of my right foot. Normally this ...

January 19th, 2011
Not only an excellent surgeon, but a genuinely nice person. Very caring and easy to communicate with. Just the best!

November 16th, 2010
Best Foot Doctor I ever came Across. Extremely intelligent. Diagnosed my problem and with minimum surgery fixed it

June 15th, 2010
What's all the hype about?
So many people told me he was the "go to" guy for foot and ankle issues. That's true if you want surgery. Dr. Thordarson told me I ne ...

October 10th, 2009
Good As New!
Dr. Thordarson quickly diagnosed and treated my bi-lateral plantar fasciitis. This was a result of many years of standing for my job, not a sports-related injury. His staff was also very professional and caring. Since the surgery and follow-up were through USC Medical School, I could be assured that all the processes and procedures were current and cutting-edge. Follow-up exams were done with Dr. Thordarson and his gaggle of residents. I highly recommmend any treatment or surgery to be done through a reputable teaching hospital. Dr. Thordarson also sent me to a really excellent PT outfit in Diamond Bar. I highly recommend Dr. Thordarson for any of your orthopaedic needs.